Anthem: Our World, My Story Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
BioWare has released a trailer for Anthem showcasing how it has fused the experience of a single-player and multi-player title with a concept dubbed “Our World, My Story.” The video suggests that NPCs will play a large part in terms of fleshing out the narrative, but Kotaku, who sat in yesterday’s pre-PAX panel press conference, has described them as being “extremely limited.” A demo will be released February 1.

...from what was revealed, these interactions are extremely limited. Conversations are only sets of two choices. These are not “yes/no” but they seem to be generally opposite tones. The outcomes of these choices affect your relationship with these characters, and the visual arrangement of the area around them, but it’s unclear what else happens due to them.

Yawn... I am actually a lot more interested in No Man's Sky than any of EA's offerings at this point.

Games like this look amazing, if only there was a pause button for fatherly responsibilities. Gone are the days where I could devote the time needed to properly experience games like this. I have a friend that is working on the game engine for Anthem (Bioware started in my home city), and it really does sound and look impressive.

Is this like Destiny or something?

They were always clearly going after Destiny, but I had high hopes for this game. Not anymore. I mean, from my perspective, if you're trying to beat someone at their own game you should, you know, go above and beyond...offer something new...focus on aspects that you are superior at as a developer. You sure as shit shouldn't copy the formula and double-down on it. Destiny 1/2 has a lot of faults but trying to shoehorn your own lore (which has too many similarities as is) into a shoot n' loot just says "money" to me. It's EA, I know, but it's also sure-as-shit not Bioware.

I just started playing Destiny 2 yesterday (came with 1080Ti purchase). Glad I am not the only one that thought that. Destiny+ possible open world+ constant flying? Hell the characters in Anthem look like my Warlock in Destiny 2. No buy for me.

LOL @ trying to convince us that this multiplayer microtransaction paradise is about the story, and as good as any single player game.

When you have to insist this hard that something is A, then we definitely know that it's anything but A

Destiny is fun enough, but they didn't invent the rogue like idea or even the fps flavor (ahem, Borderlands?) I enjoy the game, but it's very grindy.

Also, Destiny is basically an infantry hero style game - you're a soldier with some special abilities.

Anthem puts you in powered armor - like the Tribes series (which came out in December 1998) or Ironman.

I have no idea whether it will be good or not, but I don't get people being turned off because it looks like a copy of Destiny

The saddest part of gaming is that the better looking they get, the more the big corps decide to pollute them with loot boxes and cash grabs.

So basically the game will give you a hub town and you can customize it by picking which NPCs you do missions for. That customization is the story, big deal :yuck:

I feel like this can only backfire. No sense claiming a deep story narrative when it isn’t there.

A deep DLC driven corridor shooter adventure who's plot promises to be deeper than Hunie Pop?

After Battlefront 2 and the Battlefield V trailer, color me skeptical.

But then again, there is:

c1427eea20bde03b14856893aee3d5571473220269_full.jpg

Back