Antec1200 to Silverstone

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
I got myself an antec 1200 maybe 4 months ago, I don't dislike it but I don't love it. I really hate fan noise to be honest, I want to put my system on water but there is still going to be fans and fan noise. Looking over at silverstone cases, people seem to mention that they are quieter in general.

Which silverstone case would be a good transition from a stock antec1200? Looking for Cooler and quieter if possible, however just quieter works as long as I don't gain too much temp. I do still plan to put my system on water as soon as I figure out a quiet enough build for it.

Is the FT02B-W my best option? It's more than I'd typically want to spend on a case, but if it's worth the premium then I'd grab it in a heartbeat. Just need to figure out what to do with this 1200 after I get it lol.

FT02s and RV02 are absolutely fantastic for air cooling; they'll cool as well or better then your 1200 at a much quieter level. The FT02 is epsecially nice because of it's noise reduction padding on the case walls.

As for watercooling, the cases are less then optimal, although there are a lot of people who have done watercooling loops in them, they just take a bit more effort then other cases.

Having said that, I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble trading or selling your FT02 for something like a Corsair 700D/800D in the future, as both cases hold they're resale value pretty well, and there seem to always be people switching from air to water and vice versa.

I'm in the same position, I am pretty much done with my 1200.... I put some Yate Loon fans when I bought it (or maybe Scythe's I forget) and didn't mind the noise until lately when I've been trying to sleep. Although I won't ever be going to water cooling, I'd like some good air cooling with some decent sound absorption.... the FT02 has been looking pretty sweet. I'm not sure if I want such a huge and heavy rig again though.

Any advice? (sorry if you think this would be hijackin but who couldn't use some more options?)

I'm using an H70 with shrouds to cool my CPU now, my new loop would only consist of my sli GPU's. From pictures it looks like decent rads can fit on the bottom pretty well, with pleanty of room for pumps/resvs elsewhere.

I really don't know when I'll go on water, if it's that good on air I might stay on air.

Back