Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Ultimate Gaming Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Antec Twelve Hundred V3 "Ultimate Gaming Case" posted today at RealWorld Labs. Overall it seems they really liked the case, here's a quote from the full review:

With the addition of an extra SSD mounting spot and an USB 3.0 compatible port the new V3 version of the already incredible Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case by Antec is equipped with everything even the most demanding of gamers could ever wish for.

Gonna have to pick this one apart...

The visual build quality of this case is Flatly unacceptable for a $210 case. I love antec stuff, but seriously...

Nearly the instant deal breaker is the fact that it is steel. Sorry but at this price point unless it is a large tower that is modular there is no excuse for it not being aluminum.
I see more sharp hand destroying edges than I care to count.
The Window installation is just terrible. I expect to see that level of quality on a sub $100 case, not a $200+ case. I shouldn't be seeing the edge of the plexi anywhere much less rivets.
Lack of a removable hdd cage is a pretty major oversight. Or rather the lack of being able to remove it without pulling apart the whole damn computer.

Sorry, Antec. I disagree with this review. I could overlook all of the above if the case were about $100 cheaper, but at that price point I expect way higher quality.

I like the design of the case, but for $210 I expect a little more polish and quality especially from a company like Antec.

From the quick run-through i gave this review there are still very little changes since the original version. the side window sucks. case depth is still a bit too narrow. **hard drive installation and the dust filters are just ridiculous to access. they gave it 1 usb 3 port?? LOL. Cmon guys. dump the firewire crap and put in the other usb 3 port. if u really have to have audio and firewire on the case they should be part of a 3.5 bay kit imo, or make it into 1 nice neat little combo section like the coolermaster Haf-X. This case doesn't even come close to deserving the title of "ultimate gaming case".

I cannot believe they are still trying to sell that case.

Great case, until you need to change anything.

The 1200 isn't that bad of case. I own one and it's relatively easy to live with. Plenty of room/depth, easy to work on, and no sharp edges that I've found. For $200-220 price range you can do better though. I happened to get mine for $140, so I'm pretty happy with it. Fully loaded though it's a back buster. Not a case to be moved often.

Not sure why they renamed it the V3, there's hardly any difference.

I can't complain about my Twelve Hundred,it does exactly what I bought it for - keeps my system running cool. My only complaint is that the front fan filters are a pain to remove for cleaning,too many screws to remove.

Love mine. I will say that I don't change things much though. I use SSD's and just toss them on the shelves. lol... I needed a case that would allow a 240 on the back and this one does that. Easy to build in and roomy imho.

I agree with the side window complaint inasmuch if you do install a 240 with fans in the back you cant put the side back on. Had to mod mine to get rid of the fan bracket.

It is a cool looking case to me.

BTW, I got mine along with the super awesome Antec CP-850 for less than "some"companies want for just the box alone. It will serve me well for many years to come. Don't know why they are saying this is $200. You can find them for much less and they are a great value.

I bought mine for $140 too. It was this or LIAN LI PC-P80 which was just too expensive for me.

At 9 HDs the case is already very heavy. I'll probably put wheels on it as I'm still needing to move it out of my closet when I need to add more hard drives.

Once again Antec releases another case that does not support E-ATX. This is one reason I switched to NZXT.

I can't complain about my Twelve Hundred,it does exactly what I bought it for - keeps my system running cool. My only complaint is that the front fan filters are a pain to remove for cleaning,too many screws to remove.

Which is why I only have 1 screw holding in the HDD cages.. I got tired of unscrewing them once a month. Which eventually turned into once when I feel like it.

my only other complaint about my 12 is the noise it make, I switched to Scythe or Yate Loons (couple of years ago) and it lowered the noise, but it still quite noticeable, now while playing BF3 and Borderlands my GTX260 fan is the loudest and that in itself is annoying.

Well that was bloody predictable, I knew as soon as I got to the internals page review, the soddin' drive bays would be the typical, getting as old as my parents p133 case design, flippin front to back arrangement, instead of the side mount bay.

Seriously Antec, actually do something besides paint the insides of an old case, and claim it's a brand new approach, your getting old and forgotten, and I don't think adding an SSD tray, and a USB 3.0 external port, will change that fact!

I have antec 1200 old version, and it doesn't have enough room for my vga. The hdd cage isn't nice if you lose some of screw to mount hdd with it. Antec didn't do any better design except add some usb3 port and led fan.

The only thing I don't like about these Antec cases is that they are not screwless like most expensive towers. They should at least give us screwless tools and have the option if we want to use screws or not.

I own 2 x 1200 use as servers , but I prefer my DF-85, the filters are so easy to clean.

Back