Antec TruePower New TP-750

So I bought the Antec TP-750 from Newegg.ca on January 17,2011 for $159.99. Funny thing is I just checked again today, now the PSU is on sale for $119.99. Ouch, that's a $40.00 difference in less than 2 weeks.

My question is that has anyone attempted to contact Newegg and negotiate some sort of reimbursement in the form of cash (yes, it's a long stretch) or at least Newegg store credit to their next purchase? Or is it even possible legally or much more discretionary up to the person you walk to?

I know I have heard stories where if you purchase cloth in retail store and if the price of that item drops in the next 30 days, you can go back and have them refund you the differences. However, I am not so sure about online purchases, especially with regards to Newegg.

Chime in if you have any experience in this matter. Thank you.

Why not just call and ask them. Tell them that you are disappointed and if they can do something for you.

I had the same thing happen to me for a different item. Sent them an email and was told a big fat NO.

Part of the response was:

"Our website is managed in a real time format and we do not price match. Offers are valid while supplies last. The prices and promos are per our website and final at checkout."

But I've heard success stories also. So it's the luck of the draw.

that sucks. ive heard if you call them they might, dont send an email. good luck

Since its not a promotion and within 30 days I think your best bet is to call them.

That sucks, but try giving them a call. I've always found phone newegg to be much more pleasant to deal with than online newegg.

Also, I think I only paid $89.99 for that psu from newegg, plus there was a $20 rebate.

Tried once and it worked!

This was when I bought the first generation Intel SSD. It dropped by $10 and after few days I contacted them and they issued a $10 gift card.

Found the email..

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Please kindly note that we do not offer any type of price protection. All prices are per the website and are final at checkout. All current pricing and inventory are posted on our website in a real-time format. Prices are non-negotiable.

Due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is changing regularly. Items costs on our website reflect this, as they are adjusted daily. Our product pricing is determined by our Marketing and Purchasing departments collaboratively due to various circumstances.

However, since you are our valued customer, we would like to make a one-time exception to issue $10.00 for you as a customer courtesy. The funds will be issued back onto your source of payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to appear in your account. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Last edited:
Back