Antec TruePower New 750w $69.99 AR

This seems like a fantastic price. Too bad I don't need a full size ATX psu right now.

Awesome find. I am going to return my Corsair TX750 ($125) and get this one. Thank you, OP!

I just bought it! $55 in my pocket. Thank you!

Last edited:
This is sick hot. If only I was taxed into poverty I'd replace my EA650 with this.

This is a STEAL. I got mine for 74.99 on the promotion that newegg did when they were released. this unit is fantastic, half modular, and made by seasonic.

well, I *really* do need to replace that old neo he 550 that has too short of cables and it is a couple of years old and well, damnit. I wish there was a 'self-imposed ban list' like some gambling riverboats for hot deals here.

This is it, no more.

unless it's really hot lol.

Just for people who don't know this has 62 combined amps on the 12v rail, allowing the power supply to provide 744 watts exclusively to the 12v lines.

The gtx 480 is going to require 42 amps on the 12v, this is 240 watts extra.

Just for people who don't know this has 62 combined amps on the 12v rail, allowing the power supply to provide 744 watts exclusively to the 12v lines.

So you're saying this PSU won't support GTX480 SLI?

\i have the 1k TruePower in my main rig. amazing PSU.

hate to be a boob but i'd be a lot cooler if it were modular for cabling goodness

hate to be a boob but i'd be a lot cooler if it were modular for cabling goodness
It is half modular

Cords that are modular
2 x red 6-pin PCIE,
2 x SATA for 6 components,
2 x 4-pin Molex for 6 components,

Cords that are not modular
1 x SATA for 3 components,
1 x 4-pin Molex + 1 FDD for 3 components,
1 x 6+2-pin PCIE (also known as an 8 pin PCIE),
+
1 x 6+2-pin PCIE (also known as an 8 pin PCIE), (for a total of 2)
1 x 4-pin P4 auxilliary,
1 x 8-pin auxilliary,
and the 24-pin main power connector

http://www.futurelooks.com/antec-true-power-750-watt-tp-750-power-supply-review/

This is quite possibly the best deal for a PSU ever.

nah, can't beat those free after rebate Ultra X-Finity's they had a few years back. Lol, jk :D

This is absolute steal. Although weren't these going for like $50AR this past black friday? That would be the best deal ever imo.

I would say it would be borderline.

GTX 275 has rating/requirement of 40A and this PSU will power 2 GTX 275's max oc'd along with a I7 920 @ over 4ghz along with other essentials

After my PSU blowing two capacitors and finding no replacement caps. available, this is a sign from the Intarwebz Gods. Come on hurry up and pay me, I can't stand Flash and this P3 800.

Nice deal. For cali peepz that got the amazon one for $90, this isn't such a great deal since it comes out to $81AR ($101 upfront), unless you need another, hehe.

Thanks, need a new PSU so I can try crossfire with my 4850 and a 4890 I just picked up. Wanted a fully modular unit but I cannot deny the deal here.

Yeah I am getting this. My neopower 500w has served me well but its gonna struggle with the upcoming cards.

I was on the fence about this but after reading this post

This is quite possibly the best deal for a PSU ever.

I made my decision. Zero is the PSU Guru of [H] as far as I am concerned lol

Last edited:
Well, I bit. I had wanted a corsair 750HX for a long time, but this price is hard to beat. I don't actually need fully modular since I have a bunch of stuff to power.

Hahaha, soon I will no longer have to take flak because of my current psu every single time I post a problem.

Officially probably not. Will it work with a non oc cpu and non oc gpu and some adapters probably yes. The GTX480 is going to be a hot card.
You wouldn't need adapters. The PSU has 2x8-pin connectors hardwired and 2x6-pin modular. Awesome PSU for the price. Better than the Corsair TX750, dirt cheap, and partially modular.

I canceled my order. Corsair has superb customer service, they always sent me an upgrade.:)

Antec has good Customer Service as well.
I recently sent in my True Power Trio 650 since it started to squeal and they sent me back a True Power New 650, same model/style as the 750.

I recently sent in my True Power Trio 650 since it started to squeal and they sent me back a True Power New 650, same model/style as the 750.
Yep, they upgraded my 430w Truepower II to a 500w Earthwatts. Full retail packaging too. :)

I am going to MC tomorrows anyways... It is a kind of deal I cannot refuse.;)

Thanks, need a new PSU so I can try crossfire with my 4850 and a 4890 I just picked up. Wanted a fully modular unit but I cannot deny the deal here.

isn't the single 4890 close to a 4850x2 anyway...? why would you crossfire...? more power consumption, more heat, for not much more performance...

:confused:

Back