Antec TruePower II 480W PSU $19.99 no rebates at Circuit City B&M

scottmso

Limp Gawd
On Circuit City's website they have a TruePower II 480W for $19.99. (link is below) However you cannot order it online but you can check on the inventory in-store. The inventory is not accurate - only one store near me said it was in stock, but the two others that said it is "not carried" actually had some yesterday.

This is also a really YMMV deal as the store may decide whether or not to pricematch their website. I went to a store yesterday morning and I wanted to buy 3 (had a couple of computers to build.) They claimed it was a price mistake and that they would only sell me 1 and subsequently pull all of the other units off the shelves. I went to another store and they also would only let me buy 1 at this price. And when I went to the 3rd store they wouldn't sell me one at this price at all.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ante...psm/oid/128549/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs

Very cool! I think I'm going to go see if I can get one for a spare/testing PS.

Looks like I just found a replacement for my girlfriends computer. Nice deal.

Bah...
Elk Grove - not carried
Arden Way - not carried
Citrus Heights - not carried

:(

50 mile radius around San Francisco.. nada.. zip... nothing... the SUCK! And I'm pretty sure it's not because people jumped all over the deal, I fricking hate circuit city with these specials that are for items only carried in stores in remote locations.

I just bought one....online said there were none in stock in all of San Jose area....thats true in the sense that...there are none in stock at $19.99 in San Jose

there were plenty in stock at $59.99....i just had to get them to pricematch it down to $19.99 and they did

borught one back..its a pretty nice power supply

I was too lazy to go today, I'll try to pick some up tomorrow. Not sure wtf to even do with it, but $20 is CHEAP!

I tried a few zip's in FL, none in Miami, none really anywhere in FL I can tell you. Damn... I would of got one, awesome deal.

The store that had it listed as in stock was out of stock this morning, so I stopped by a closer one that had it listed as "not carried", since I was going to be in the area anyway. Well, lo & behold, they had 3 on the shelf. I took 2 up there, and as I was waiting in line for the cool girl to take care of me, some hardass looking guy came up. I handed him one and said "Hi, these are $19.99 on your website?' He starts to direct me to pull it up on the internet terminal in the back, but he sees that there are people on it. He fumbles around for a minute and then eventually asks the cool girl to look it up in the back. Dunno why he couldn't, his name tag just said "C.S.A." In any case, it takes the girl a few minutes, but she comes back with a sticky that says $19.99. I ask her "Oh, so it worked--I mean, it's ok?" she said yup, so I said "Oh, well then, hold on, there was 1 more on the shelf." ~$67 later, she's got no big bags left so I walked out with an armload of Antecs. I have no fucking clue what to do with them now, but what the hell, decent powersupplies are handy things to have around.

Why not? I have like a gajillion computers, and tons of parts lying around...I'm sure sometime in the not-so-distant future, a solid PSU will come in handy. And if not for me, then one of my friends. Plus, it's not like I couldn't get my $20 back out of them if I had to.

To those of you who only get "not carried" call the store anyway! Out of 3 CC stores, only 1 showed in stock and the other 2 showed "not carried." All 3 had units in stock.

The store that had it listed as in stock was out of stock this morning, so I stopped by a closer one that had it listed as "not carried", since I was going to be in the area anyway. Well, lo & behold, they had 3 on the shelf. I took 2 up there, and as I was waiting in line for the cool girl to take care of me, some hardass looking guy came up. I handed him one and said "Hi, these are $19.99 on your website?' He starts to direct me to pull it up on the internet terminal in the back, but he sees that there are people on it. He fumbles around for a minute and then eventually asks the cool girl to look it up in the back. Dunno why he couldn't, his name tag just said "C.S.A." In any case, it takes the girl a few minutes, but she comes back with a sticky that says $19.99. I ask her "Oh, so it worked--I mean, it's ok?" she said yup, so I said "Oh, well then, hold on, there was 1 more on the shelf." ~$67 later, she's got no big bags left so I walked out with an armload of Antecs. I have no fucking clue what to do with them now, but what the hell, decent powersupplies are handy things to have around.

Sell them on eBay - they're going for $50-60.

PIcked clean looks like.....I just got done calling 5 stores....all are bone dry.

Just bought myself one :)

I wasn't sure how to go upon the process of getting the price down to $20. I just asked a sales clerk what to do if the internet prices don't match the store prices. He looked up the Antec power supply on CC website. Nearly shat his pants when he saw it was $20 :eek: Funny how the in store shelf tag was like $120. That's way higher than even the regular internet price!

There is currently ONE left at the westside circuit city in Madison, WI for anyone interested.

Just found out there are two at my store... Too bad I was just out there a few hours ago and had no idea this was going on. I'll have to wait until tomorrow before I'll be in the area again--let's hope they hold on to one that long.

Is this unit quiet? Does this one have the modular cabling so that you only plug in the cables you need and leave the rest in the box?

I had the 550watt version.. it is very quiet, but not modular. Cables can be a little messy, but hey it's $20 for a quality psu.

Well shit. If they are going to sell phantom widgets, why not make them free. Not a single one available in Easter PA. A big eff you to CC!!

None left in Minneapolis, ut they tell me two are available in St Cloud, mn. They also said if you locate one, you can buy it in one store and then go to the other to pick it up. They would not however allow a purchase over the phone for pickup.

thanks op, just a heads up if the store you go to is out ask them (customer service) to check other stores around the area. If they find one you can purchase at the store you're at and go pick it up later. Ft Lauderdale was out but Adventura had one left :D

This info may make this a serious HAWT deal again. Went to the store yesterday and of course there were none on the shelf. Asked a rep for help and after not finding one, he offered to attempt to "E-ship?" it to me and with his managers's help, it worked! $21.** shipped to the house, FREE shipping even. Haven't recieved said item but paid for it in store so hopefully in a few days I'll be a happy boy. YMMV

**edit** I brought a print out of the on-line add with me to the store. May help to have one with you. **edit**

Sold out in St. Louis, MO apparently.

Although they did have a 500W "Basiq" model for $29.99 after $40 mir. Obviously not nearly as hot as the OP, but if you need a PSU....

ya..Confirmed..none in St louis..Looked..also none in MetroEast side of St louis...:(

This deal is ALIVE! I went to 3 stores in Miami area..1st one was the one on 83rd ave. and they didn't have any, but the one in kendall had 3 and the one in hialeah had 3 left. I took all but one, 1 left in kendall store. So even though online it says that none of these stores carry it at all, they DO! Even their in store system is not accurate since I had the employee in the 1st store I went to check other stores. They were priced at $119, but they scanned at $59, easy pricematch at Customer Service desk to $19. Thanks OP!

anyone know if these will work fine in the systems I'm building?

gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
C2D E6300
PNY 1GB X2 DDR2 ram
PNY 7900GS
2x SATA 320GB HDs
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

This deal is ALIVE! I went to 3 stores in Miami area..1st one was the one on 83rd ave. and they didn't have any, but the one in kendall had 3 and the one in hialeah had 3 left. I took all but one, 1 left in kendall store. So even though online it says that none of these stores carry it at all, they DO! Even their in store system is not accurate since I had the employee in the 1st store I went to check other stores. They were priced at $119, but they scanned at $59, easy pricematch at Customer Service desk to $19. Thanks OP!

anyone know if these will work fine in the systems I'm building?

gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
C2D E6300
PNY 1GB X2 DDR2 ram
PNY 7900GS
2x SATA 320GB HDs
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

jonnyguru i believe (or maybe it was legitreviews) recently checked the 500Watt ULTRA psu's that were so popular recently for being FREE after rebate.

Testbed was a x2-4800+ with 8800GTX. It ran fine.
So.. yeah, your antec will run that!

It was legit reviews

I'm running sys3 on a 160W psu :)

Shit, I'm running an Opteron 146, 2gb of Hyper-X, a x1900gt, 1 dvd-r and 5 hds on a 400w Antec.

If someone sees an extra one want to pick it up and send it to me? =/ Checked 2 by me, nothing :<

I drove through heavy traffic jams on US Route 1 and got there, found shit. I was so pissed but shoulda called before hand.

checked the website the other day, listed none at the three closest ones to me (Atlanta area). decided to drop by the one on Steve Reynolds Blvd. they had 5 on the shelf with a 59.99 pricetag. grabbed one and the cashier easily pricematched the web price. Now I see they have fixed the website. should have printed more copies, bought more while I could.

You could've bought them all with the one print-out. You actually don't even need a print-out.

I am piecing together a "new" pc on the cheap- I have an older Asus P5SD2-X that can handle a D but no C2D, so I am putting in an 805. I have an old 1 ghz Athlon right now so it will be enough since i do not game at all. I had put in an Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU in the Athlon box, but swapped it out for use with the Asus board. I did not think about connector types since it does provide a separate 4-pin connector. Ive been running my old Athlon mule so long i never gave it much thought. Well, time to think about it-...

The Asus calls for ATX spec-2.0 and needs a 24 pin ATX, plus calls for an 8-pin ATX12V connection, although it says "If you intend to use a 20-pn plus a 4-pin connection, it needs to provide 15A on 12V". Isn't the 8-pin spec 2.2, not 2.0?
So, is my 20-pin plus 4-pin workable on this board? It fits aligned with 1-20 leaving the last 4 open [+3, +5, +12, gnd]. The 8-pin is 4 gnd opposite 4 +12V pins. Can I function only using 4? I picked up an Antec TP-II 480W at CC, it looks like it has 24-pin power but only 4 pin ATX12V?

Apologies for my confused noobie-ness, I'm not too up on these configurations.

Does anyone have a copy of the printout that they want to scan and lets say... put it back online? I dont know why I didnt jump on this deal... I would still like to try.

Back