Antec True430W vs Fortron 530W

i wish i had known this. I got my first antec , a neo 480, it was DOA. I got my new one it works fine though, i just need to get a multimeter on it though, using mbm it says its ok but i'd like to know for sure.

also, my "new" antec arrived and was still sealed but around the metal casing it looked like it was opened before, not professionally either, pried (spellling :rolleyes: ). There was a metal jaggy right where it was opened and it cut my ass open. I couldn't stand being away from my main pc no longer so I just delt with it and filed it down, so far so good though i guess.

I was leaning towards fortron.. then i read other threads about other stuff like atx v1.x,2.x compatibility etc etc

I will be upgrading to a a64 with pci-e etc in about 6months...

Now Im confused about future-proofness of this psu..

What should I get?? I thikn i can go up to around $100... antec neopower? or any other v2 psus?

just ordered the antec neopower from zipzoom.. :)

I wish forum didnt went down at the time

ShuttleLuv said:
Fortron by far. Antec is junk imho.

Antec is one of the very best out there. They run very cool and quiet compared to most PSU's and they have rock solid voltages. I've had an Antec 430w and a 480w here in just the last few months. I'm putting an OCZ PowerStream 470w in my new rig i'm building though cause i really like some of its features and it looks nice as well.

I would go with the Fortron 530w though because it will give you more power for around the same price. Fortron is a top notch brand as well.

Back