Antec True Power Quattro 850W Power Supply $115 AR/ $105 after GC - Free S/H

TinyRK

Weaksauce
Buy.com has the Antec True Power Quattro 850W Power Supply - TPQ850 with free S/H for slick $115, or as a new Google Checkout Costumer for $105!

After rebate though!

http://www.buy.com/prod/antec-true-power-quattro-850w-power-supply/q/loc/101/204697807.html

Features
Universal Input, automatically adjusts for 100V to 240V power grids
80Plus Certified
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) helps reduce electrical waste
Supports EPS12V v2.91 and ATX12V systems
Four 12V output circuits provide supreme system stability
Accurate power rating allows TruePower Quattro to deliver its full rated power (24 hours a day rated at 50C)
Up to 85% efficient
80mm low noise cooling fan
Heavy duty protection circuitry prevents damage resulting from short circuits (SCP), over voltages (OVP), under voltages (UVP), and over current (OCP)
2 x 8-pin PCI-E connectors and 2 x 6-pin connectors for PCI-Express graphics cards
MTBF: 100,000 hours
Safety approvals: UL, CUL, FCC, TV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB
Gold plated connectors for superior conductivity
AQ5 Antec Quality five-year parts and labor warranty

Quite an amount of wattage there... Looks like a very nice PSU for the price. I'd still probably go with the 620W Corsair. It's not easy to use anywhere close to 850W of power, so many can consider this overkill.

Quite an amount of wattage there... Looks like a very nice PSU for the price. I'd still probably go with the 620W Corsair. It's not easy to use anywhere close to 850W of power, so many can consider this overkill.

Actually this is the same as a Corsair, part of the new Antec line built I believe Seasonic. With a 5 year warr. Plus 100k meantime between failures at that price it's awfully hard to say no. 247/7 full power operation at 50c all but puts in the enterprise catagory.

All that said, these days it's hard to have too much power;)

Received a very nice score of 9.5/10 from JonnyGuru.

He does mention that it is "Not efficient at loads less than 200W." Seems like a very good drive for the price.

Back