Antec Six Hundred 600 Gaming Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a new mid-tower gaming case? The crew at Tweaknews has posted a review of the Antec Six Hundred 600 that may be of interest.

Antec's Six Hundred gaming chassis has proven to be a bit of a mixed bag. I like the look and the few features that it has are quite good, but Antec touts it as, “The Ultimate Gaming Case.” I'll take exception with them on this point.

Oh dear...it appears to be another case of Antec using the same chassis, with new bezels, the chassis isn't even painted in any manner which is honestly just plain lazy compared to other manufacturers.

I have a couple of the three hundred cases and they are much nicer imo. The 300 is smooth for easier cleaning wheras the 600 looks like a dust trap.

A case with a window and bare metal interior doesn't fly these days.

Also it appears to only have USB 2.0 ports, which is strange for a 'newish' case.

I dunno fellas, I think that looks pretty damn cool. Id have no problem using that for my next build.

That case is just sad. The interior just screams "cheap" and the lack of room for cable routing is disappointing to say the least.

I wouldn't touch that case with a 10' pole. :(

Antec has been resting on its laurels, as of late. With nothing really new or improved, just rehashing the same cases with new bezels or exterior colors.

"The Six Hundred's front I/O panel consists of three USB 3.0 ports," this was on the fourth page of the review, reading is awesome.

There are some nice additions; SSD hotswap bay, front fan filter..thats about it really. Otherwise an unremarkable case. One might mention the case only has two fans as a con, but most of us would probably gut the fans anyway and replace them with our current favorite fan. Price is a bit of an issue. This is priced in the mid range, but doesnt have the features, interior paint, room behind the mobo for cable routing, or tool-less anything. This should be priced a bit lower to match its capabilities.

Back