Antec P183 V3

Megalomaniac

2[H]4U
So the new version has come out and it is available for sale.
It looks like it boast a USB 3.0 and 2 spaces for SSDs.
I haven't seen any review pictures of it yet, and I was wondering if anyone has?

Edit:
Press release http://www.legitreviews.com/news/9992/
for the P183, P193 and Nine Hundred Two ---- V3s

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know that an update was in the works. Thanks for the heads up!

Here is a flyer from Antec that I found here

A quick glance at the photos and the specs and it appears that they didn't do much of anything with the update besides add USB3.0 and the two SSD mounts (as you pointed out). Visually, it looks identical to the "old" P183

Still like my P180 SPCR-edition, even though it's currently in storage :)

An additional noticeable change is the inclusion of a CPU cutout on the motherboard.

I am very :confused: as to where did they fit the two SSDs.... ??? everything else looks close to the same, same number of internal and external supports.

nice, thanks!

Oh, so i called them and the rep said that they "lied". The two 2.5 slots are actually the two mid chassis 3.5 slots with holes drilled for 2.5.....
so it 3.5 or 2.5 for those two slots.

nice, thanks!

Oh, so i called them and the rep said that they "lied". The two 2.5 slots are actually the two mid chassis 3.5 slots with holes drilled for 2.5.....
so it 3.5 or 2.5 for those two slots.

This is correct. And we're working on changing the information on our data sheets and the website to make it clear that you can't have 13 total drives, only 11 because you can have either two 3.5 or the 2.5in drives but not both at the same time.

It was your call that brought this to our attention so, thank you.

yes it is. Fractal is the ripped-off design :)

it's still a toss up for me. I would have to wait for fractal for 3 more weeks before they ship the R3s. But these are available.

R3 Pros:
- better air intake, the side fan and the bottom fan are a real plus
- front facing hard drive trays, which makes it so much easier to swap the out when you need to.
- 8 hard drives by default.

P183 V3 pros
- proven high quality design and better intake of air from the front (no matter what it does to the style of the case)
- i could expat it to house up to 10 drives. which is what i'll be doing with a 3-to-4 hdd chassis that i will mount in three 5" slots. That one also comes with a fan so that should improve air circulation a bit.
- USB 3.0 - not that i care actually since i have a 3.5 USB controller that came with the asus deluxe board (i though i was leaning towards fractal, so i was going to use one fo the 5.25" bays for it)

P183 Con
- with the extra HDD chassis, it will cost 100 bucks more.

P.S. Antec - For the next cases front door, please come up with 5 designs and post them for people to vote on. post them on forums actually, so that only registered members can vote. (but not just these forums)
Or lets work with SPCR or some people here and make a nice looking design for the front door.

Back