Antec P180 - OCZ 700W Questions

Viperman5000

Weaksauce
OK, I just got this case the other day, awesome BTW.

Well, as I was putting in the OCZ (I put it in so that the fan points up), I thought to myself, maybe I'll just cut a square in the metal to improve the airflow to the PSU. That was a dumb idea. So, with a nice sized hole in the metal "seperator", I covered it with the plastic wire manager that came with the case.

Well, that wasn't really a question, just a cool anecdote. OK, to the question; Does it matter which way the fan is pointing? Up or down?

I like it so the fan is pointing down, and to seal all other gaps. That way, the psu only has to cool itself, and it draws cold air in from the outside, and exhausts it's.. exhaust.

I have the exact same combination, and I have my PSU's fan point down. I think it shouldn't make any difference whether it's up or down. I have the fan facing down just because I drill a hole in the case so I can wire the 8pin power connector through the back to hide it. However when the fan is pointing up, I find the 8pin power to be 1~2cm short no matter how hard I pull it.

Is there any other opinions?

Also, does it really matter that I have that hole in the seperator? Even though it's covered with the piece of plastic?

Back