Antec P-182 with side panel 250mm fan ?

lilshammy

n00b
I was thinking of cutting out a 250mm hole to add one of those monster fans to me antec 182, has this been done before or am I just thinking crazyness ? If anyone has any feedback let me know thanks.

Sham.

It won't do much except make it loud and a horrible dust trap. Also, cutting the P180/182 is difficult due to its muti-layered construction. Unless you are very careful and use some kind of edging it will look like crap. Don't recommend trying this.

my buddy has a dremel tool, so cutting it wont be the problem it will be perfect, but i was more or less concern with the vibration or the dust, but i heard panty hose makes a nice filter. here are the stats of the fan i was looking at, if anyone has a 250mm fan tell me if these seem good or reasonable.

· Ultra Quiet 250mm Clear Case Fan (No LED)

· 13-Blade Fan for Strong Air Flow but Very Low Noise

· Black Mesh Metal Fan Guard

· Black Plastic Ring Cover

· Do It Yourself type assembly

· 850 RPM

· 20 dBA

· 120 CFM

· 12V input voltage

· Molex 4-pin connector to ATX power supply

· 0.9 AMP

· 11 watts

Fan Dimension: 250 x 250 x 30 mm

You don't understand -- it's no a question of the tool used, but the material itself. The P180/P182 uses a three-layered side panel, with thicker hard plastic on top of a layer of thinner plastic over the steel. It is very difficult to cut cleanly, as it tends to snag on blades, deform, and separate the layers.

Also might want to consider that plastic sometimes tends to heat up when being cut,.. which can lead to weird warped, melty looking cuts...

and putting a big hole in the side of a case that is designed to be quiet kinda defeats the purpose...

Do you have heat problems? From what I've heard, that case runs pretty cool.

ur just plain crazy :)

its already has 2 exhaust and 1 intake all 120mm fans

and for all those people who think its really hard 2 cut... it really isn't

all u need is a jigsaw or holesaw if ur makign a fan hole and dremel :)

also u need some balls and some handyman skills.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1296921

thats my window log for my P182SE .

Back