Antec or Enermax?

diablo111

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have an Enermax (only a few months old) Noisetaker II EG495P-VE 485W in my gaming system. Recently Frys.com (Outpost) had an Antec NEO HE 550 on sale for $70 shipped, I couldn't pass up the deal, so I bought one. I'm trying to decide which would be the better for my system. I have a MicroATX case, so I would surely benefit from the modular aspect of the Antec...but I've heard it can also cause problems.

Anyway, these are my system specs:

AMD Athlon64 3800+ w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
2GB G-Skill PC-4000 (2 x 1GB)
Asus A8N-VM
eVGA 512MB 7900GTO @ 705/1650
200GB Maxtor DM10 16MB Cache
BenQ 16X DVD-RW

Thanks for your input.

Either or. The seasonic made Antec is likely quieter.

I have an Enermax EG565P-VE FMA in my gaming box, and with the fan dial cranked all the way down it's pretty quiet. I've been running it like that since I got it, so it doesn't really seem to matter even under load, but it's not like I have an SLI rig or anything.

To answer your question, I would go with the Antec for the cable management and since it's only pushing a 7900GTO. From personal experience and blowing things up, I would choose Enermax over Antec, but in this situation you wouldn't be straining that 550W at all and the modular cabling would definitely make it easier for you to keep good airflow in the case.

Back