Antec Nine Hundred

n1k0l1

n00b
any reviews on this bad boy? I'm thinking of buying this product and I just want to verify that I will be able to fit in a large graphics card or two and if there is enough room for the ultra 120 cpu cooler.

Any other reviews would be helpfull as well - I like the cooling options for this case - and the price is right at newegg.com

Thanks,

-Nick

It's probably the best air-cooling case out.

But it's heavy, terrible for wire management, and gets very dusty... :eek:

But it does cool well :) :D

I bought mine and cut holes for wire management and attached dust filters on the fan intakes.

Here's a pic of the holes for wire management:

photo-1.jpg

Fits a 8800gts card with space for another and with a TR-U120 Extreme. I had to round the corner of an Antec 120mm fan to to make it fit in the side window.

Dust? Yeah, but I regularly clean anyway. Somewhat.

I love my 900. I have low temps with fans on low. Bad side is managing the cables. Had a co-worker help me with mine.

I bought mine and cut holes for wire management and attached dust filters on the fan intakes.

Here's a pic of the holes for wire management:

photo-1.jpg

the new antec 900's come with those two holes on the side precut :). But the one the bottom in that pic isn't there. But there is a hole on the side of the psu that I put some wires through. The cable management actually isn't that bad in the updated version of this case.

the new antec 900's come with those two holes on the side precut :). But the one the bottom in that pic isn't there. But there is a hole on the side of the psu that I put some wires through. The cable management actually isn't that bad in the updated version of this case.

I think you are thinking of the newer p180/182's because no Antec 900's have holes for routing the cables behind the mobo tray.

Fits a 8800gts card with space for another and with a TR-U120 Extreme. I had to round the corner of an Antec 120mm fan to to make it fit in the side window.

Dust? Yeah, but I regularly clean anyway. Somewhat.

Yeah, I had to round off a corner on a 120mm fan to get it to fit into the side panel with the Thermalright Ultra120 extreme installed, I also had to install it with the airflow going up towards the 200mm fan so the side panel fan could fit.

I think you are thinking of the newer p180/182's because no Antec 900's have holes for routing the cables behind the mobo tray.

I have an antec case and I bought one of the new ones about a month ago... I think i would know. Here is evidence, since I'm too lazy to bust out my own camera I went on youtube and found a video of some guy with one of the newer cases.
53205254ry2.jpg

Although he doesn't utilize them that well.

I just picked up this case from newegg. Its V1.1 on the label and has some cut outs for cable management in it. Only Issue is dust, and you can just rig up some fliters for that. Beats the snot out of my old P180 case.I hate all the plastic hinges and plastic side panel mounts. They all broken on me.

I have one of the newer 900's that come with two precut holes. I cut out three more holes for cable management and I am going to paint the case interior and hdd trays black later today.

The 900's with the holes for watercooling also have the holes for wire/cable management

Anyone have trouble with the power/reset/led case wires being too short? Not enough slack to route these wires neatly w/ a IP35 Pro.

Forget this case, seriously. You have to cut it up to get it looking nice, or spend a LONG time on it.

Just get a CM690.

Anyone have trouble with the power/reset/led case wires being too short? Not enough slack to route these wires neatly w/ a IP35 Pro.
Yeah, my cables are too short to reach the bottom of my ip35-e if I route the cables behind the motherboard. I have to buy extension cables.

I had a antec 900 before I dumped it and bought a p182.... the 900 was too much of a hassle to work with. I couldn't get decent cable management with it.

Yeah, my cables are too short to reach the bottom of my ip35-e if I route the cables behind the motherboard. I have to buy extension cables.

Where do you get extension cables? It would look nicer if I could hide these cables.

Back