Antec NeoPower 550W - $60 FS at Newegg

Stay away if you own an Abit IP35-E. I learned the hard way that they don't like each other.

Have 3 IP35-E's running Antec NeoHE 550 and 550. What problems are you seeing?

Everything would turn on but I got no display. My IP35-E works fine with other power supplies and my NeoHE 550 works fine with other motherboards. Guess they sometimes work together, or maybe it depends on the specific hardware configuration. I remember looking in the Abit forums a while back and quite a few people had problems with this board and the NeoHE 550.

I just bought this for my brother for his e8400(overclock 3.6), 9800gtx, 4gb ddr2 and 160 sata drive. Anyone think i should i have problem with this. It seems like a really good deal.

Well I have a Corsair HX620 powering an E8400 at 3.6GHz, a GTX 260, 4GB of memory, two WD6400AAKS, a WD2500AAKS, and a WD 120GB hard drive, five case fans, etc. and my Kill-A-Watt shows between 150-170W when I'm not gaming. When I am gaming, I think I've seen it as high as maybe 300W. We'll say 350W for good measure.

I know the Kill-A-Watt is only as accurate as $20 can be. Unless this Antec PSU is weak on the rail(s), which I doubt (being a Seasonic), his rig should do fine.

Everything would turn on but I got no display. My IP35-E works fine with other power supplies and my NeoHE 550 works fine with other motherboards. Guess they sometimes work together, or maybe it depends on the specific hardware configuration. I remember looking in the Abit forums a while back and quite a few people had problems with this board and the NeoHE 550.
Possibly. Only time I ever ran accross an issue was one I RMA'd. Wouldn't post with a 260 GTX, but replacing it with the same model (another neohe 550) worked. Still own 4 of these PSUs, and probably build another 5-6 with this line with no issue outside of that 1.
When they were first released they did have a problem with specific motherboards, something that was a design flaw on the mobo, and antec fixed this in future models. Same issue existed with the seasonic 500 watt. Either case maybe you had one of the older revisions but I recall that particular issue being fixed several years back.
Just for reference for people asking about loads:
Q6600
P35-E
260 GTX
4GB PC6400
1*HD
1*DVD rom
2*120mm fans
Runs just fine. I also ran a killowatt and it would never peak 275watts on load, so you have some head room.

I have this PSU. I have been quite pleased with it, its got good amps on a single rail and is pretty much silent.

Back