Antec KUHLER H2O 1250 Review

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by HardOCP News, Nov 29, 2013.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

The folks at Vortez have published a review of the dual pump Antec KUHLER H2O 1250 today for those of you interested.

2. McFry

McFry [H]ard|Gawd

Antec makes really good AIO's like this. I bought 2 for my BE processors and they have given me max overclocks without a single hitch. They are so good I'd buy them even if im not OC'ing, just to keep a nice quiet system.

3. KazeoHin

KazeoHin [H]ardness Supreme

I had an Antec 920 for my 955 BE, kept it nice and frosty, but I don't like these new pump-fan systems at all.

4. haz_mat

haz_mat Limp Gawd

Now thats ugly. Not only is the clearance awful for that 3-stack radiator-fan-pump setup, but the fans are not "standard" 120's. Good luck swapping those out for better fans or to replace a dead one. I'm not against an AIO that abandons the traditional pump-block but this isn't what I had in mind.

5. McFry

McFry [H]ard|Gawd

yeah I didnt realize they new design they implemented here. I wouldnt buy this. But the single 120mm radiators are on point.

6. ccityinstaller

ccityinstaller [H]ardness Supreme

While I don't think it's "ugly", I agree with your other comments..According to Antec, it is impossible to swap the fans out..If something fails, you have to RMA the entire unit..It also had some terribly loud fans when running @ full speed, but then again I guess 120mm fans running @ 2400 RPM are going to be loud..I am unsure why they didn't use a pair of 140mm fans, especially with a 280mm radiator..