Antec Kuhler 920 bad drivers?

I've been trying for hours to get this thing working properly.

Brand new build:
Asrock Z68 Professional Gen3
GTX570
Corsair Vengence 16gigs
Crucial 128gig SSD
VelociRaptor 150gig
Omega Claro
Win 7 Pro 64 SP1

Everything is working good except the cooler. The software installs fine, but not the drivers. The device does work, but without the drivers working, I can't control the fan speeds and what not with Chill Control V. When I run the software, I get "Cannot connect to Chill Control device. Check USB connection on device and restart the Chill Control Application".

Under Devices and Printers, the cooler shows up as an unknown device. Won't let me manually update the drivers when I troubleshoot the device. Give me "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Latest Bios version didn't change anything. I've tried every solution that I found with google. Am I just going to wait for a new driver version to try, or is this thing broke?

Last edited:
Does the included fan have a 4-pin PWM header? If so I would just plug that into the CPU Fan mobo header and the built-in PWM function will take care of all that for you.

Does the included fan have a 4-pin PWM header? If so I would just plug that into the CPU Fan mobo header and the built-in PWM function will take care of all that for you.

That's an option but I think he wants the product he purchased to work the way it is supposed to.

There is an Antec rep on the boards so keep it to the top and I am sure you'll get some help.

Bump

Cooler has a 3-pin power connection. Motherboard has 2 cpu fan connections, one 3 pin, one 4 pin. I tried switching between the two with no change.

Cooler uses one of the mobo usb headers for control. If you leave it unplugged, the fans will run at highest speed. Once you plug the usb back in, the cooler reverts to running in silent mode. But I still can't get windows to recognize the cooler. Leads me to believe there's a compatibility issue with Win 7 Pro 64bit and the drivers for this thing.....:mad:

I have the 920 while running Win7 64-bit with no issues at all. Have you switching between the USB headers your mobo?

have you looked at this thread over at overclockers?

http://www.overclock.net/intel-general/1035395-antec-k-hler-h2o-920-usb-7.html

bunch of stuff to check out (people who had the header backwards, disabling the device then trying the install again.)

one thing that jumped out was antec says to install the software first.... not very helpful on a new build i'd imagine =p

i'm not sure if i want my cpu cooler to need a usb connection :p

I still haven't resolved the issue. I'm waiting for a reply from their tech support. Hopefully some new drivers will be released before too long.

The only good thing is that it works, just can't control the fan speed. So I'm afraid to overclock too much.

I got my driver working when i extracted that software package and manually selected that driver.

as the issue has not been resolved and the cause is still unkown, just get a pwm fan. it will make the driver issue irrelevant.

Look this is the solution , go to control panel then file manger and search for usb port and click it and you will see Antec CC and press ''update manger'' and if it ask about update from internet or cd just mark cd and put the cd software from Antec .

here its works :)

Where is this "File Manager" you speak of? I've tried manual updating the driver when I found the cooler in device manager. Windows lists it as an Unknown Device.

I'm waiting for another reply from tech support after they basically told me to re-install the software with the usb header unplugged.

I'm starting to think at this point there's a fault in my cooler causing windows not to recognize it, and in turn not being able to assign drivers to it....

I dont know if you have this corrected yet, but... I had trouble getting the software going, it would sort of install, but there were drivers that didnt install correctly for the USB interface in device manager.

I had to search through the folders that install and in the extracted files from the zip I got from Antec. The software is the USB Xpress and the file SIUSBXP.sys. That is what worked for me. I pointed the antec usb device to this after running the usb bootloader.

Thanks,
Mike

I pointed the antec usb device to this after running the usb bootloader.

Could you explain that a little more? I tried to run the USB Bootloader application inside the Antec CC folder and got this: "Error Reading USBXpress Driver version". And it won't let me do anything with that program....

FYI. The Antec guys don't have anymore ideas, and instructed me to sent the Kuhler back to where I purchased it cause the USB module may be defective.

During their troubleshooting process, they did send me a link to a new driver/software version: www.antec.com/download/KUHLER_ChillControl_V1_2.zip

Didn't help me, but maybe it'll help someone else.

Back