ANTEC ISK 300-65 EC ITX

leifeinar

Limp Gawd
Any one got this case? Im waiting for mine, but since i live in north of Norway things tend to come here more or less last on the whole plannet :)

Plans are:

150W pico psu
500gig hdd
zotac wit the thermalright axp140 (hoping it will fit)
and maby an ok videocard when the new 40nm ati cards arrive.

review

http://www.silentpcreview.com/Antec_ISK300-65

I need to really keep up with spcr. That looks like a really nice case and the price is pretty good.

It seems really nice, but i find the psu to be a little small. would be nice to se a 90-120W psu. but im trying it with the 775 zotac board and a e8600, hopefully it will work after some undervolting, but then i have the 150Wpico psu as a backup

not likely, the e8600 is the 'best/most powerful' of the 65W TDP CPUs.

It's likely to use all of that 65W.

Then you got the graphics chipset.

And the motherboard.

and a SSD/HDD.
The SPCR review drew close to maximum of the 65W PSU on a e7200 cpu.

It seems really nice, but i find the psu to be a little small. would be nice to se a 90-120W psu. but im trying it with the 775 zotac board and a e8600, hopefully it will work after some undervolting, but then i have the 150Wpico psu as a backup

The Zotac 9300 doesnt allow undervolting, maybe with rmclock but nothing else

yes, I get it down to 1,1V instead of 1,25. it saves me a little over 10W. tomorow ill measure the powerdraw from the board undervolted. now it draws 95W during prime from the plug, @ 80% effieciancy its 76W (psu is gigabyte 800W)

so its probably to much

not likely, the e8600 is the 'best/most powerful' of the 65W TDP CPUs.
Incorrect, there are 65W quads. I'm using a Q9505s, and there's a Q9550s above mine (2.83GHz with 12MB cache to my 6).
It's likely to use all of that 65W.

Then you got the graphics chipset.

And the motherboard.

and a SSD/HDD.
The SPCR review drew close to maximum of the 65W PSU on a e7200 cpu.
Correct. On a 65 watt PSU, the highest you can likely use is a 45W CPU. Better bet would be AMD's X4 600e/605e with a 785G chipset. I don't see anything prohibiting the use of a 150W picoPSU instead of the proprietary inverter board, but you'll need to (a) source a more-than-80W brick (highest I've seen is 110W with a fan, or else mod an Xbox360 adapter), and (b) run the risk of overheating the case, since it's only guaranteed to keep up with a 65w load.
yes, I get it down to 1,1V instead of 1,25. it saves me a little over 10W. tomorow ill measure the powerdraw from the board undervolted. now it draws 95W during prime from the plug, @ 80% effieciancy its 76W (psu is gigabyte 800W)

so its probably to much
An 800W PSU is not running 80% efficiency at sub-100w loads. :p Think 70-75%, assuming the supply is 80-Plus certified in the first place. A 95 draw at the wall is in the 69 watt range, assuming 73% efficiency. That may help you a little, but still not enough to save you.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I did some research on the DC-DC Board that's included, it should be able to handle up to 135 watt (the name of the board is MD-135) but Antec claims it can do atleast 100 watts. But I'd rather use what's included and sell off my pico-psu.

It's the AC Adapter you need to replace, it takes a 19v adapter with 5.5mm/2.5mm pin... I found 120watt adapter on Ebay for $16 shipped and ordered this case, then I'll sell off my 150watt pico-psu. (I like the integrated board a lot... anyways... but I was running my HTPC (in sig) with an 80watt AC adapter before and it was running fine.

I also got a couple gelid silent fan's for it with a zalman fan mate (to run them at 5vt) and some soft mounting... that all shows up Tuesday, but I'm hoping for a silent setup for once ...that cools well

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hehe, the PicoPSU isn't bad, but is expensive... since this case includes one I thought I'd make use of it :)

And 120W @ 19v I believe is equivalent to like 75w @ 12v atleast in terms of amps. I'm pretty bad with my electrical stuff though so I could be off.
So I'm not sure exactly how that'll work out.. but I'm pretty sure I won't have close to the same power if I had a 150xt + 150watt adapter...

I also need to get a Kill-A-Watt once of these days, although they're not 100% accurate, better then nothing..

I just use the stock intel heatsink ;) free and quiet... I'm not overclocking or running anything crazy so it keeps the E5200 cool.

Has anyone got this build with a 775 processor? what cpu cooler did you use? I think a shuriken rev. B might fit, big shuriken will not.

Honestly the stock cooler should be fine if you're not OCing... I'm not OCing, with the E5200 and it idled with mid 30's and never saw over 60c for load...

This case should show up today, and gonna pick up some fan's I ordered from a local store... Gelid Silent 80mm's... and got the 120watt AC already :D

So I'll take some pictures later tonight when I finish that up...

You might need an slim fan for the chipset, it's the hottest part of the 9300-d-e setup. I did that in my SG05

Has anyone got this build with a 775 processor? what cpu cooler did you use? I think a shuriken rev. B might fit, big shuriken will not.

im planing to run 775 with a thermalright axp140, the shuriken would probably fit. but anny aftermarket cooler will be without a fan

i orded a 120W brick from hong kong, just had to try it 30usd included shipping.

Blazestorm: those temps, are they without a fan? looking forward to pics :)

According to specs you can fil a shuriken rev B just fine, 64mm with the fan installed:

Dimension:
105x116x64 mm / 4.13x4.57x2.52 in (Overall Dimensions)
100x100x12 mm / 3.94x3.94x0.47 in (Fan Dimensions)

And case review

im planing to run 775 with a thermalright axp140, the shuriken would probably fit. but anny aftermarket cooler will be without a fan

i orded a 120W brick from hong kong, just had to try it 30usd included shipping.

Blazestorm: those temps, are they without a fan? looking forward to pics :)

That's with the stock cooler... case hasn't shown up yet but it should.

I think the GF9300 should be fine without a little chipset fan, I'm trying to get it as quiet as possible. But with 2 x 80mm fan's pulling hot air out it should be a lot better for airflow on the chipset. Before the SSD is directly above it so there's no room for air/heat to move.

I might sleeve the DC board cables like I sleeved my PicoPsu out of boredom...

http://lousyhero.com/blaze/zhtpc2.jpg

That's with the stock cooler..

I ment, do u use the stock cooler passieve or with the fan? :)

I might sleeve the DC board cables like I sleeved my PicoPsu out of boredom...

anny tips on someone at ebay selleing sleeving gear, at an ok price?

Not that I know of, I bought my stuff from murdermod and another place called buyheatshrink.com which sold me the wrong size unfortunately, but I've been making use of the sleeving on a lot of this ITX build.

I'll get pics later today when I finish up, I think I'm gonna sleeve the USB and audio cables too...

But the system is running, those Gelid fans are silent at 5v although they don't push a whole lot of air the system is running cooler and I'm happy. I think I could fit a low profile/low power 9600GT in there too :D

Was under the impression that the 9600gt is still better than the Gt240 and cheaper.. well the low power/low profile isl ike $110 but with a $30 rebate from tigerdirect/galaxy... which would be nice... has HDMI onboard too but would have to find the SPDIF pin-out on the motherboard to use that

Anyways, I doubt I'll game on this so I won't bother yet... :)

no SPDIF header unless you've got a rev 4 board (G-E)

Yea, I'll be picking one of those up, mainly for wake on USB so I can finally just stick to using a USB remote... that and use all 3 SATA ports if I want ( 2 drives + slimline) and fit the 9600GT low profile maybe for games using an xbox 360 controller.

Anyways, sorta ramblin... but lots of possibilities in a small case

but lots of possibilities in a small case

Thats what makes it so fun to work with, when it comes to graphics im waiting to se what ATI has to offer when the 40nm HTPC cards arrive. But now a 4650 is an option...??

4650 is an option, but 9600Gt is still faster... :) and Galaxy has a low-profile and low power one (doesn't require PCI-E power, only the PCI-E bus)

Btw that 120watt PSU I bought is working great. The only issue I'm having is that occasionally the Zotac board won't boot up, I pull 1 stick of ram it boots, I put it back in, it boots... ??? So I'll have to do more testing but it's running right now just fine.

The Gelid fans @ 5v are silent, but now I hear a light grinding coming from the intel cooler, but still much quieter than the 2 x 40mm fan's I had in the M350. So I'll find something to replace that with.. and finish sleeving / get more pictures for you guys tomorrow if you're interested.

The only issue I'm having is that occasionally the Zotac board won't boot up, I pull 1 stick of ram it boots, I put it back in, it boots... ??? So I'll have to do more testing but it's running right now just fine.

Its the same shit as with my board, havent seen any logic in it or been able to repair it. But i find setting cpu spread spectrum to enabled, triangular down, triangular down, disabled from top and dow as seen in the bios. that helps.

The strange thing was it was working fine until I moved it to the new case...... that's the only thing I changed...

Check the MCP temperature in BIOS once you get it to boot, won't boot if close or at 100c in my SG05.

Also check if the mobo is properly isolated from the bottom of the case

This was from a cold boot, temps aren't raising over 55c in this case, 35c idle w/ stock cooler for the e5200 but I'll check to make sure it's grounded properly... I'm betting that's the issue....

Damn SFF Itch now i want to buid a lite gaming HTPC on that Antec case.

I think 2 Pico-PSUs or a Pico-PSU for the 20 pins, plus the 12v supply of the integrated DC-DC converter for the other 4 pins could do it

I have a few ideas, but it's always expensive, maybe this brick but i still need info on it's power and amperage ratings, with this DC-DC converter

If i have budget might do some experiments next year, imagine a LP 9800gt, or better if something appears with a q9550 int this small box

Hehe, sounds expensive, and you gotta check the power requirements on that board... might look at the DFI P55 board coming out soon and get socket 1156, but then you definitely need a dedicated GPU.

I think you could get away with 1 PSU for the system and 1 for the GPU and stuff it all in there...

Blazestorm: nice build :) what kind of panasonic screen is it standing by in the picture? for size comparison.

magine a LP 9800gt, or better if something appears with a q9550 int this small box

this should be no problem when ati releases its new budget 40nm cards. as a comparison, my E8600,SSD, zotac MOBO, HD5770 only uses 125W during full load..... does 14000 3dmark 2006. so there are potential. just hope someone makes a powerfull LP card :)

when it comes to PSU theres only one if u want to go all the way

http://www.vendur.no/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=346&language=en

Blazestorm: nice build :) what kind of panasonic screen is it standing by in the picture? for size comparison.

this should be no problem when ati releases its new budget 40nm cards. as a comparison, my E8600,SSD, zotac MOBO, HD5770 only uses 125W during full load..... does 14000 3dmark 2006. so there are potential. just hope someone makes a powerfull LP card :)

when it comes to PSU theres only one if u want to go all the way

http://www.vendur.no/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=346&language=en

Wow great find, but i see it as a 20 pin only right? i think you need 24 pin when you use a discrete gpu maybe _Miguel_ can answer this

Back