Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W

Macho

Weaksauce
This Yankee, or Norway manufacturer, had the best PSU circa 2010. When I bought it used, I opened it and it had a small
burn with 4 resistors, and the power supply fan was not working. I bought a molex to 2 pin connector and plugged in the PSU fan from the 12 volt molex. If you can catch this problem before the fan stops getting power, and re- flow a little solder on the foils, and
keep that fan power supply from burning farther, than do so. It voids the warranty when you remove the sticker from the screw head.

Running a power supply without a fan causes the Windows 10 to have programs (not responding). Hard disk errors, that need to be repaired with, (chkdsk /f) Eventually, the power supply could be good. The -12 volts, is actually positive 10.9 volts when I measured it, but it is seldom used by most motherboards. Only + 2.7 volts and not 3.3, but it still functions.

Previously I had no problems with a EGVA power supply, that I wanted to put in a smaller computer that had a cheap power supply, so I know what I did was the problem with the Antec ea-750. It shuts off the 12 volt fan when the computer sleeps, but has no power saving fan regulation, just full speed.

Everyone is so sad when such a great PSU has a problem, but when I contact [email protected] to see if I could get a replacement 2960319603 pcb, they do not reply. They all may have this problem. Maybe those low voltages were like that when it was new.

It took took a licking (by a previous owner) but it keeps on ticking.

Antec Earthwatts PSUs were never good. In fact, Antec PSUs weren't even usable until around 2008 because they used shitty counterfeit Taiwanese capacitors. "Fuhjyyu" capacitors were a plague in their PSUs, and later Teapo, OST and other crap Chineseium caps.

Their PSUs circa 1999-2006 had serious design flaws with cooling, causing the internals to run at thermonuclear temperatures and cook everything. Their fan control board was either defective, or set far too high and the fans would either never turn on, or spin so slowly that they might as well not be on at all.

I've repaired dozens of their garbage PSUs, and had to rework their fan control boards on some models so the damn fans would actually run.

Antec Earthwatts PSUs were never good. In fact, Antec PSUs weren't even usable until around 2008 because they used shitty counterfeit Taiwanese capacitors. "Fuhjyyu" capacitors were a plague in their PSUs, and later Teapo, OST and other crap Chineseium caps.

Their PSUs circa 1999-2006 had serious design flaws with cooling, causing the internals to run at thermonuclear temperatures and cook everything. Their fan control board was either defective, or set far too high and the fans would either never turn on, or spin so slowly that they might as well not be on at all.

I've repaired dozens of their garbage PSUs, and had to rework their fan control boards on some models so the damn fans would actually run.

I disagree. Only their SmartPower lines from before 2008 were complete shit.

truePower was always a solid middle-to-high-end option.

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2006/07/07/antec-true-power-ii-550w/3/

They figured out how to build a decent-value entry-level PSU with Earthwatts. Just because it took them 6 years, doesn't mean they're hopeless forever.

They figured out how to build a decent-value entry-level PSU with Earthwatts. Just because it took them 6 years, doesn't mean they're hopeless forever.

And I'm pretty sure quite a few of the early Earthwatts PSUs were just rebranded Seasonics. I still have two of the Earthwatts 380s around; one of which has been running since 2008 or so. I also have a NeoPower 650 which has been in use for about as long as the Earthwatts 380 and it's still going strong. A NeoPower 500 is also sitting here as a backup PSU which was running a year or so ago with no problems. All of these PSUs were purchased within about a year and a half period around 2007-2008 and I've never once had a problem with them. I seriously doubt I somehow got the only ones which weren't crap.

What does the 12 volt & 5 volt power look like when it reaches through the voltage drop of the cables to a hard drive?
The addition of a capacitor at the end of the cable would stop any brown outs when both hard drives start up at the same instant.
An issue, when the power supply gets hot, it

SilverStone CP06-E INTRODUCTION

gives a voltage that is not clean because I have had hard drive problems and software crashes. That fan that has a controller circuit goes bad and a power supply that gets excessively hot may need the addition of a product such as this.

Your link just supports what I said above. Page two, incriminating evidence of using shitty Fuhjyyu capacitors, and severe thermal issues. The PSU not shutting down until the case is too hot to touch is a serious design fault. If the case is that hot, the internals are easily double or triple that.

I've recapped and reworked dozens and dozens of every vintage and a wide range of models of Antec PSUs, and most every single one of them is trash. Either because the continued use of shitty capacitors or severe heat issues that just make the capacitor problem worse.

Antec gets an F grade until they can stop using shitty capacitors. They don't use Fuhjyyu to my knowledge anymore, but they still use fly by night Chineseium garbage like OST, Teapo, Jun-Fu and other junk. I have not had an Antec PSU yet that didn't have to be recapped within a couple of years of it being manufactured.

Your link just supports what I said above. Page two, incriminating evidence of using shitty Fuhjyyu capacitors, and severe thermal issues. The PSU not shutting down until the case is too hot to touch is a serious design fault. If the case is that hot, the internals are easily double or triple that.

I've recapped and reworked dozens and dozens of every vintage and a wide range of models of Antec PSUs, and most every single one of them is trash. Either because the continued use of shitty capacitors or severe heat issues that just make the capacitor problem worse.

Antec gets an F grade until they can stop using shitty capacitors. They don't use Fuhjyyu to my knowledge anymore, but they still use fly by night Chineseium garbage like OST, Teapo, Jun-Fu and other junk. I have not had an Antec PSU yet that didn't have to be recapped within a couple of years of it being manufactured.

And yet, you will find the same thing in thousands of other low-end PSU models (yes, I said thousands, have you looked at how many PSU brands are out there?)

Also, back in 2006 time frame, the ENTIRE FUCKING INDUSTRY was still trying to figure out how to optimally mass-produce a PSU that won't light your system on fire, and Antec weren't the only questionable products of the time. And then there was the whole invasion of incorrectly-made electrolytic caps (that happened to every builder)

Even Seasonic was just mixed-up in the huge mess of PSU manufacturers, and didn't really distinguish themselves for their quality advantage before 2010.

I haven't seen any major reports of failing Earthwatts, so maybe it's just you who is overacting here? If you're not recapping PSUs sold last year THEN IT IS YOU WHO HAS THEIR HEAD STUCK IN THE PAST.

TELL US WHERE THE PSU TOUCHED YOU?

Last edited:
I've never had an Antec PS fry of it's own accord. I did lose one to a full house power surge, and Antec replaced it. I thought they were all Seasonics since like 2000+ ?

OTOH I have personally fried 2 EVGA cheapos (never again) and replaced plenty of no-name chi-brands in cheap cases for other people.

I've never had an Antec PS fry of it's own accord. I did lose one to a full house power surge, and Antec replaced it. I thought they were all Seasonics since like 2000+ ?

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/82fN6XYyhHj5HziEaPgrAM.png

Andyson, Delta, Fortron, HEC and Channel Well make, or have made Antec PSUs in addition to some Seasonic stuff. I never knew HEC made stuff for Antec. But thinking back on some of the horrible designs, I can make the connection now, because I've opened up plenty of exploded HEC PSUs that look almost identical to some Antec units. HEC commonly sells their wares as HEC Compucase, which is low cost garbage. They also sell heavily to OEMs like Dell and HP.

Open up the PSU, pull out the two pin 12 volt fan plug and pull it through, then close up the PSU. This is not "eco" mode
and the fan runs at top speed until sleep mode and then turns off. Your Power Supply should work good as new. Office Depot has this
connector, so it must be common to do, and relieve any PCB of having to carry this function. A little DIY retro fit.
How bad a computer runs when the power supply is over heated, and it would be unbeknownst as to what this problem was.

C2G 6in 3-pin Fan to 4-pin Power Adapter Cable - 6"

Open up the PSU, pull out the two pin 12 volt fan plug and pull it through, then close up the PSU. This is not "eco" mode
and the fan runs at top speed until sleep mode and then turns off. Your Power Supply should work good as new. Office Depot has this
connector, so it must be common to do, and relieve any PCB of having to carry this function. A little DIY retro fit.
How bad a computer runs when the power supply is over heated, and it would be unbeknownst as to what this problem was.

C2G 6in 3-pin Fan to 4-pin Power Adapter Cable - 6"

This is fine to do if the fan isn't a monster at its full rated voltage. I've done this rarely, and usually changed the fan because the stock fan sounds like a jet engine at full speed. Arctic fans are nice to do this with, they're pretty much silent and move tons of air.

This is fine to do if the fan isn't a monster at its full rated voltage. I've done this rarely, and usually changed the fan because the stock fan sounds like a jet engine at full speed. Arctic fans are nice to do this with, they're pretty much silent and move tons of air.
ANTEC. Antarctic Neotechtonics (Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research)
Germany requires such a high standard before the government allows a product to be sold, that they have a different class of product. They went on to be Yankee Traders to a remote part of the world such as New York City, and gave a "deal" that money did not clear a transaction without "strings attached." Due to Statehood and sales tax, the strings are cut. You can open up this power supply you own, and do what you need to do.
I am using that power supply today to write this message, and their is not problems with a long boot time, or crashing software now due to a cooling fan working for the first time in a long while. Over cooling is not too expensive, since the computer goes to sleep in the time you set it to. It is only a selling point to have an ECO MODE to have a 12 volt cooling fan only use 5 volts and turn slowly. The ECO MODE would have allowed 131 degrees F. and then it turns on. That is pretty hot.
Yes, my fan is whizzing away at 12 volts constantly, but is more or less silent inside the computer. Antec has a European branch as it does in China, and only a USA office in California to contact.
The consumer demands that a product have some USA contact service, and immediate response, similar to Xerox and have the equipment up and running within the hour. Then they take down his license plate number and put him on record. As soon as you experienced any problem at all with the Brand name Antec, a field service engineer would be dispatched and have it up and running, or what is the value of that business equipment? Raise the price if you have to, and lease the equipment and have it be something that can be used without us all suffering all these years with, AW SNAP and poor Google Chrome, having problems.

Back