Antec 600 (Chinese website)

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Thought this was interesting, it shows an Antec 600, looks like a cross between the 200 and a 900-v2 case. I dont think I like it but it does have a distinctive look to it. Was checking out the link from another thread and thought this deserved a post. Makes me wonder if my dream case is out there being sold in another country. I need to start learning Mandarin I guess :(

Hmm, I think the Antec 200, 300, 900, and the skeleton were in a horrific car accident and some mad scientist came strolling by and created a case out of the remaining parts.

Hmm, I think the Antec 200, 300, 900, and the skeleton were in a horrific car accident and some mad scientist came strolling by and created a case out of the remaining parts.

I own a Skeleton, its pretty awesome just for the shock factor for non techies. I keep it as a spare lan party machine.

The 200 is fugly and super cheaply built.

The 300 is a great all around case, IMO really hard to fault it in any major way. Love this case.

The 900 I never liked, too cramped. Looks were meh, etc. Somehow it is one of the most popular cases ever. The 900 Two is decent fixing some of the original issues and looks a bit nicer as well, but still not my thing.

That new 600 is a fail. Just fail.

I was thinking more like a case for why incest is bad.

The funny thing that makes it ugly is that the 200mm big boy fan on the top is about 2-3mm wider than the chassis. It does contribute to the tacked together look instead of a seamless design. It looks like the VSK 2000 and Antec 200 internal design with the fan from the Antec 900 just glued on the top.

I agree its 200mm fan which really blows. 2 x 120/140mm fans at the top would have been bling.

One of the things I noticed on that website are there are some nice looking cases but some of them are bare-bones... as in a hollow shell. No drive cages, no wiring, no fan, etc. Just a case. :confused:

I just want to know why antec doesn't try harder with cable management? I have the 900 and the cable management is awful. I am starting a build with a CM 690 and the cable management is night and day better. How hard it is to make it like half an inch wider, and punch a hole in the motherboard tray? And yeah, ugly ass case. I like the 300, and I like my 900 but the 200 / 902 / this thing just look way to weird to me.

If this was an attempt by someone to mod an Antec 900 with Antec Skeleton case parts, I'd give them credit.

To make this hodgepodge of a case for mass production..um..well..no.

I actually don't think its that bad. I wouldn't buy it but I don't think its quite ugly.

lol!

Antec 600 = fail.
projectilevomitbyabfcuk1.gif

What is with that new rib-cage design they got going on the front? They're going backwards in aesthetics at this point.

It's got abs, that can't be bad, right?

Are the prices on this site accurate after translating? I just translated the price of the FT10 from yen to dollars and got $23.25.
It's Chinese Yuan, not Japanese Yen (but the sign is the same (¥).)

One of the things I noticed on that website are there are some nice looking cases but some of them are bare-bones... as in a hollow shell. No drive cages, no wiring, no fan, etc. Just a case. :confused:

Ever hear of knock offs.....pc cases wouldn't be the first for them to copy....copyright infringement means nothing in China.

Antec has tried to get flashy, but it comes out as gaudy and tacky.

300 = very nice.
P182 = very nice.

200 = horrible.
This bucket of crap = horrible.
P183 = horrible. (and yes I'm complaining about the vented arrow pattern when I say that) :D

Quit adding the unnecessary shapes and bulk to your cases and (definitely) go back to the basics. :rolleyes:

Not only did I like it, but I bought it.

The larger fans can spin slow and are not that loud, much quiter than my older all aluminum case with 90mm fans.

That and my CPU's temp dropped during OC from 52C max to 47C.

Though its not my style, I like it. If I got one, I wouldn't be so quick to unload it off to someone.

I was like most here and thought it was but ugly until I got to see an actual case and not a picture yesterday. The case is a cross of an Antec Three Hundred with the Nine Hundred Top and some Skeleton thrown in.

The case actually has a bit more room inside than a Three Hundred and the filter is easier to get to. It includes a hotswap 3.5" SATA bay which is kind of nice. The silver is very dark silver and subdued with the black.

The look in real life is not as bad as it seems from pictures, definitely not one of my favorite looks but not aweful. The Skeleton add-ons do make convient carry handles if you are going to LAN party and with 2x 120 fans put in the front this would likely rival the Nine Hundred in raw cooling.

I think the price is a bit high and would have liked it better at say $80. As it stands the case is in direct competition with the Nine Hundred and the Nine Hundred Two.

WOOT good news, the case got a serious price drop...

NewEgg has the Six Hundred for $70. Now that makes this case worth considering...

Just an update. This case is now available at Newegg for $100 bucks.

Wow. I was about to post that this was probably some Chinese brand imitation knock-off, and Antech likely didn't have anything to do with it....and now that I've seen it on Newegg, that seals it. We all know they love selling knock off's. :p

Seriously, that case is utter crap. There are so many vastly superior options at that price range, I would be amazed if they sell more than 5.

i an get the 600 locally and ive seen it in person. antec has gone and tried to appeal to the cheapass people that want to try to have a gamer case without spending money. the 200, 600 and i cant remember what other one is in there, suck badly. they look like a drunken monkey designed them. they look and feel as cheap as they are. damn companies need to start advertising and telling people why they should buy a better case instead of trying to meet them on lower ground. most people treat the case like the psu, and wonder why things dont work and look well. they buy prefabs from the bigbox stores and proclaim them to be gaming machines...rofl. imo you should be making high end gear or cheap gear. if you try to go both ways you end up screwing yourself in the end. the allure of using cheap components to up your profit margin is just too easy. if antec starts to design their higher end cases like this then i'll have to find another brand that takes pride in its products.

IMHO - If it was all black, it might be passable. As it is, 2 color paint job makes it look like crap.

Back