Answering the eternal question: what amp should I get for my headphones?

youngj123

n00b
I find myself pondering this alot whenever I get the urge to buy new headphones. I then spend hours poring over different measurements and specs, seeing what goes with what in a huge excel spreadsheet.

Well, after the umpteenth time doing this, I decided that there had to be a better way. So I spent the better part of this week manually inputting headphone and amp specs into a database, converted all the formulas into an online web tool, and built a simple UI over it. It's now live at www.audiobot9000.com - I hope you guys find it useful.

Nice site, I was looking at the Vali for DT880 600 Ohm. I guess I will go with that.

That's a super nice tool. Doing the math for damping factor automatically for all the various combos and everything. Good work man.

I find myself pondering this alot whenever I get the urge to buy new headphones. I then spend hours poring over different measurements and specs, seeing what goes with what in a huge excel spreadsheet.

Well, after the umpteenth time doing this, I decided that there had to be a better way. So I spent the better part of this week manually inputting headphone and amp specs into a database, converted all the formulas into an online web tool, and built a simple UI over it. It's now live at www.audiobot9000.com - I hope you guys find it useful.
This one is a nice one:
http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa6.html

Back