Another Xbox One .."issue" that will make public headlines.

Ah the real reason people are scared to get the xbone and settle for the PS4. :D

I mean seriously Microsoft? Couldn't you program the damn camera NOT to stare at my penis? I know its .."hard" not to :D

Also :

While funny the video is a bit on the tinfoil side. It has to be old too as they mention everything prior to the 180.

While funny the video is a bit on the tinfoil side. It has to be old too as they mention everything prior to the 180.

Its true he has some outdated info (the video however was uploaded yesterday) but the fact is that the infrared scan clearly outlines his penis (as its quite obvious) and it could be a privacy concern (especially for underage children). Kinect is already a bit invasive in terms of what it can pick up without you even knowing.

Its true he has some outdated info (the video however was uploaded yesterday) but the fact is that the infrared scan clearly outlines his penis (as its quite obvious) and it could be a privacy concern (especially for underage children). Kinect is already a bit invasive in terms of what it can pick up without you even knowing.

If it turns out to be a "big" issue they will release a firmware patch to blur out the crotch like the TSA did to their machines at the airports (/tinfoil hat).

If it turns out to be a "big" issue they will release a firmware patch to blur out the crotch like the TSA did to their machines at the airports (/tinfoil hat).

I don't think the tsa was ever able to successfully implement that...I think

Truthfully, a small percentage of Xbox owners may ever have such an experience. This topographical view is essentially a debug mode (I believe, accessible to gamers, but far from standard), and most Kinect experiences will likely render you as a bubbly asexual cartoon or a character with stock anatomy, smoothing over everything from hoodie strings to the overzealous nipples.
http://www.fastcodesign.com/3020934/the-xbox-one-has-a-wee-dong-problem

It sounds like that's a debug mode. I guess it's only an issue if people want to start up the debug tool to stare at a grayscale infrared view of themselves and then get offended.

In the video it looked more like just a fold in his pants.

Until they figure out how to make kinect pick up some nipples and areola, i'm not interested.

That's not his dick, it's just a ripple in his pants (where his dick may or may not be positioned). Kinect doesn't detect body temperature, it operates similarly to RADAR by looking at surface reflection and it can't possibly be seeing body tissue underneath clothing. It uses an IR LED array a regular CMOS detector (for light, NOT thermal IR) and detects the projection/reflection of the light back at the sensor to image objects. This has nothing to do with body-scanner tech used in airport scanners, and that's not his dick. He wishes.

Last edited:

If it detects my penis, it will certainly be a BIG issue then.

Wait... I tried to make it out as a joke, but it didn't quite work. Dammit.

Is there an ETA for the update that reads the coin purse stuck to thigh ratio

That's not his dick, it's just a ripple in his pants (where his dick may or may not be positioned). Kinect doesn't detect body temperature, it operates similarly to RADAR by looking at surface reflection and it can't possibly be seeing body tissue underneath clothing. It uses an IR LED array a regular CMOS detector (for light, NOT thermal IR) and detects the projection/reflection of the light back at the sensor to image objects. This has nothing to do with body-scanner tech used in airport scanners, and that's not his dick. He wishes.

You and your science can fuck right off. THE NSA IS DICKWATCHING.

Get your science shit out of here. Next you'll be telling me the Earth revolves around the sun, and that game systems AREN'T inhabited by magic fairies.

Length and girth achievements. Helicopter dick achievement. Seems like the best way to boost your epenis with your actual penis.

Everywhere I've been the screens are right there where everyone can see them and it just shows a cartoon outline with a yellow box where it's detecting something.

Of course it doesn't work with a shit, and flags things like buttons, necessitating a quick tsa grope, but they don't get to see your penis anymore.

I read that. HUGE blow for them. Twitch streaming on the PS4 is blowing up , thousands of more streamers on Twitch now and its really created a new type of source of entertainment for the PS4 owners as well.

I do not understand why Microsoft couldn't get it working either. Sony had it working from day one. Yet somehow despite the fact that Microsoft has advertised it as a day one function .. seemingly can not?

Welcome to "Penisgate". Nothing else needs to be said. Watch the video.

http://youtu.be/Ed9DbVz5Tb0

Just going to point out that the above video is an attempt by right wing zealots (infowars) to engage the non-traditional demographic (you!). Since younger people tend to be more liberal and don't watch Fox News they are trying to get to you via content that's more appealing to your interests.

I read that. HUGE blow for them. Twitch streaming on the PS4 is blowing up , thousands of more streamers on Twitch now and its really created a new type of source of entertainment for the PS4 owners as well.

I will never understand the appeal of Twitch streams. Why would I want to watch someone else play instead of just playing myself, especially if I have to listen to retarded commentary in the process while the streamer makes money off of me spending my time to watch his shit.

Just going to point out that the above video is an attempt by right wing zealots (infowars) to engage the non-traditional demographic (you!). Since younger people tend to be more liberal and don't watch Fox News they are trying to get to you via content that's more appealing to your interests.

Its a silly video but the penis aspect of it is ..revealing. Don't take it too seriously.

I will never understand the appeal of Twitch streams. Why would I want to watch someone else play instead of just playing myself, especially if I have to listen to retarded commentary in the process while the streamer makes money off of me spending my time to watch his shit.

Well it is quite popular. And there are lots of PS4 streams now. Hard to understand why Microsoft couldn't get it working.

The IR camera issue, is a non issue, you could technically do it with almost any IR camera already (they penetrate a bit of clothing, not much, and depends on the type of cloth).

As for the app not working, maybe it isn't a thing of it not working but instead a timed exclusive of sorts, because there shouldn't be any mistery to it, either that or the other option is that MS wants to make a standard network for sharing and asked this to be on hold while they finish the setup, still we won't know for now and shouldn't be an issue for the launch.

I have to admit i've never even cared enough to visit the site, but now that I think about it... it wouldn't be such a bad place to go to see a game in action you are considering purchasing to see if you want to purchase it.

I have to admit i've never even cared enough to visit the site, but now that I think about it... it wouldn't be such a bad place to go to see a game in action you are considering purchasing to see if you want to purchase it.

That's my thought on it. Watching someone play a game before I buy it. Only problem is on ps4 every stream looks like shit but at least it's live and you can ask the player different questions or if they could show off this or that for you.

That reason and watching speedruns of old games are why I watch it.

The IR camera issue, is a non issue, you could technically do it with almost any IR camera already (they penetrate a bit of clothing, not much, and depends on the type of cloth).
Is it a non issue? The IR see through the clothes thing has been an issue since it was discovered with Sony video cameras in 1998 (700,000 were sold according to Google). The old video cameras use to enable IR night vision recording in broad daylight, that let pervs see through many different kinds of clothes and record it. It was a big enough of a deal they immediately recalled the cameras because it was being used that way. The Kinect thing will be similar. All it'll take is one parent or semi-widely watched normal news channel covering this story to make this a very big overblown issue that lawmakers will take notice and pander to constituents.

Well it is a non issue because the mode isn't available in any game or sold software, it is for development debug only if you look it up.

Now, if they hack it apart as some people did on the Kinect 1, well, personally i would still say that it isn't an issue, but Fox News or some other place will roll with the idea aaaand ok i see your point... ohh well, g'd luck MS.

Remember the old camcorders that could see through clothing if set in night mode during the day?

You can do it with almost any digital camera if you take out the IR filter. IR light will go through some clothing.

Back