Another which m/b would best..but there's more

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
I always hated to respond to threads like this when it seems the same question has been asked a thousand times..but here goes since I really don't know which direction to go..
My venerable P5W DH Deluxe seems to be going to the trash heap slowly but surely(right now more surely than slowly :) ) and I need to order some sort of replacement tonight or tomorrow..but with all the talk of Quads, Wolfdales and all the other code names I am confused as hell !! But here's another slight wrinkle..I had a RAID 0 setup with my P5W DH and when my problems started occurring I had no time to back up anything..normally I wouldn't try to use an old RAID install with a new mb but I might be forced to give this a try..so here's my questions..

1.Whats recommended that currently supports my Conroe and I'll be able to use with a Penryn later..and uses DDR2 :)

2.Has RAID that I can at least save my current RAID 0 without slicking everything

3.The biggest and most pressing issue right now is can I transfer my RAID to another mb without killing it?

Does this make sense to anybody? I would hate to have to get another P5W DH just to save my RAID but that might be my only other option...would another mb with say IHCR8 support my RAID?
Thanks for any help gents

something with P35 or X38.

Intel southbridges seem to be pretty good about recognising arrays made on previous generation Intel chipsets.
I don't use RAID myself but I know from the abit forums that several users have been able to upgrade from e.g. ICH7R to ICH8R or ICH9R without too much hassle..

Thanks for the info..I'm actually leaning towards the board in your sig (IP35pro)
something with P35 or X38.

Intel southbridges seem to be pretty good about recognising arrays made on previous generation Intel chipsets.
I don't use RAID myself but I know from the abit forums that several users have been able to upgrade from e.g. ICH7R to ICH8R or ICH9R without too much hassle..

I just upgraded to a Asus Maximus Formula. I have used a P5W DH before and it's not all that much different. Very easy to get going. Never had a problem with an Asus Intel board.

Back