Another useless launcher enters the fray.

You know 20 years ago, EVERY game had its own launcher. We called them icons. It is similar now. You just have to click on two icons.

Lol. Someone beat me to the punch.

Remember how easy it was playing PC games in DOS?

...and you guys getting bent out of shape over some "click this, click that, play game" store front/launchers.

game launchers are like streaming apps...a new one popping up every month- Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO MAX etc...pretty soon every developer/publisher will have their own launcher

Remember how easy it was playing PC games in DOS?

...and you guys getting bent out of shape over some "click this, click that, play game" store front/launchers.

DOS days were easy. :ROFLMAO: I had specific BAT files for each game and would reboot in between every game.

Let's be clear here, the issue isn't that you have to click a different icon to start a program. The issue is the fragmentation of services and storefronts, mixed with the general lack of functionality that these fledgling launchers have, that these companies are expecting us to buy into (quite literally).

I don't give a shit about having to click a different icon. I care about having to have my payment information going through and games locked to a dozen different services.

giphy.gif

New launchers.. killing our dreams of a streamlined computing experience. XD

I don't give a shit about having to click a different icon. I care about having to have my payment information going through and games locked to a dozen different services.
Quite possibly the first valid argument I've ever heard in these types of threads. Good job.

Sometimes Steam or whatever launcher installs a desktop shortcut that never seems to work. I think if you could launch the game with one shortcut regardless of the status of the launcher app, it would help.

Back