Another successful x800 pro to XT mod - here's how

@ Kirbster; what bios do you have? perhaps its your bios thats preventing the overclock
try a diferent bios who knows???
Good Luck ;)

tried several bios for the XT but no love.
I just have one of the poor ones but i am not complaining.

Just modded my asua vivo pro card. Just had a couple things I wanted to throw out to everyone to see if they are getting same results. I started with the Gigabyte bios as posted and it opened up the 16 pipes as verified by atitool. Then I was told to go back to original PRO bios that I had saved initially?? When I do this , my card goes back to stock PRO speeds with 12 pipes?? I thought once you get the 16, you can't go back, but mine does... Another observation, is that it will only display XT PE if I leave the Gigabyte bios in there after flashing. It seems to run great with this bios, any reason why I NEED to flash to ATI XT bios?? My overclock results are 555 core and 590 memory with complete stability. I am watercooled and my core temp never goes above 37C under load. So far my best 3dmark03 is 13615 at 545 core, 580 memory, but should be able to push it towards 14000 with additional FSB overclock and tighter mem timings... I have a P4 3.4 EE overclocked to 3842 at 226 FSB currently, on an ASUS p4c-800e deluxe.

No reason to play around with the bios any further once you have the 16 pipes opened up. Some like particular bios's because they think they overclock better. There is no real evidence of that. Besides you already have a nice overclock with your card. Mine only reaches 540/570stock cooling though.

anyone know if theres a new batch of x800pro vivos comin up from Sapphire? I have to wait untill 1st of november until they can ship my card :p

U think maybe they are altering the cards to prevent softmodding?

If thats the case it blows :p

Got a card with 1.6ns memory and theaterchip so I thought i could mod it, bad for me was that the card was defect from the manufacturer, totally dead card :p so sent it back, and now I gotta wait until november until i get the new one... :p

(as always, exscuse my poor english, *swede* :D )

I put the asus XT PE bios in my asus TVD pro which was modded to 16 pipes , and it seems to offer much more headroom for overclocking. Now past 14300 on 3Dmark03 and still not done tweaking the system. I ran the bench at 555/585 but I have been as high as 575/600 with my watercooled rig so far. I'm at 243fsb , but may go higher yet. P4 3.2EE and GREAT Crucial Ballistix memory pc4000 2.5 2 2 5 timings!!!

I just want to report that I modded a Saphire X800 Pro VIVO to an XT using the Gigabyte XT BIOS and it works just fine. The 3D Mark 2003 demo Mother Nature went from 72.8 fps before to 84.1 after. Sweet upgrade!

ChemBot said:
I just want to report that I modded a Saphire X800 Pro VIVO to an XT using the Gigabyte XT BIOS and it works just fine. The 3D Mark 2003 demo Mother Nature went from 72.8 fps before to 84.1 after. Sweet upgrade!

Just did this as well using this guide that was posted earlier in the thread http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum...712704&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1

I too have a Sapphire x800 vivo and am having no problems. I have yet to overclock it but it is running totally stable at 520/560. Will report back when it is overclocked.

so its true , the asus X800 pro Vivo ( say at the egg for $450 ) might work as an XT bios ?

Has anyone gotten any more BBA VIVOs from CompUSA? I was wondering if people had any idea of what S/N I should look for.

Those of you that have cards that cant run PE speeds. Try inching down the memory until you find it works. Every card I have had fail was due to the memory not being up to snuff. The core always seems to be just fine at 520+. I have a card here that the memory wont go beyond 530, but the core runs stable at 560 with stock cooling.

Ok I bought the MSI RX800 pro VIVO and was able to open the 4 extra pipelines and running smoothly at 520/560. I wasnt sure the msi model with the 1.6 would flash correctly but it worked...

I can get my memory to 585 but any attempt to go past 505 on the core causes it to lock up.
:rolleyes:

Since I used the guide here, I figured I'd add my 2 cents:

I managed to do the softmod, but one of the unlocked pipes was definitely broken (some pixels that would normally go through the pixel shading pipeline didn't, creating some 'see-through' pixels). I'm 100% positive it wasn't do to overclocking or anything, because even when my card was extremely underclocked and cooled down, the "artifacts" were still there.

Oh well, looks like it's only OCing core and memory speeds for me...

March 1st, 2006. Wow. I never thought I'd be back to post in this thread. Well it's been a couple of years but I wanted to add that the Sapphire ToXiC I flashed did not like the XT platinum speeds. It kept crashing back to the desktop when I played LOCKDOWN.

Anyway, the "CD ISO Image (1.5 MB) to flash the 16P modded X800 Pro VIVO AGP BIOS to your card" returned everything back to stock with the exception of those extra 4 pipelines. So I just thought I'd add my $0.02 regarding my journey.

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100

-MocoMan-

Back