Another "Real world" test of 3870X2

That review shows the HD3870 X2 in a positive light. Are you sure it's real world benchmarking by actually playing the game and not sterile benchmarks? What language is that site in and can you read it?

its just not worth the trouble if you already own gtx/ultra.
yea yea i know this card is great i get it i really admire the fact that they got dual gpu working in the way its suppose to be
BUT lets face it this should have been here at least 7month ago

yea yea i know this card is great i get it i really admire the fact that they got dual gpu working in the way its suppose to be

IMHO its not for those with GTX/Ultra - its for those who want to buy new /upgrade PC.

I have a MicroATX board with one PCIe x16 slot, so this was a great upgrade for me considering my expandability limitation. But I will agree with those who are stating if you already have a GTX or Ultra, wait for something else. All in all, I'm totally happy with the card, playing in 1680x1050 w/ 4x AA, 16AF and all the in-game eye candy is just awesome!

For the price this card sells for it woulda been nice if it came sooner but who cares its a insane card for a sick price. I'm just glad its here now.

The standard 3870 and 8800GT seem even tighter than previously. Virtually no difference now in those benchmarks.

Im glad we have a link to an article with some real performance numbers.
Both via the Op and the last poster.

And why exactly do you care how long card has been on market if you are buying it now ?
I never understand why people bring that argument in discussions about hardware performance.

And why exactly do you care how long card has been on market if you are buying it now ?
I never understand why people bring that argument in discussions about hardware performance.
Driver maturity perhaps? In this case it might be warranted due to the architectural nature of the card by incorporating dual GPUs. It's not your run-of-the-mill video card. Having said that, it performs very well out of the box, and wouldn't concern me unless I was impatient for CF.

Interesting reviews-
The first review that OP posted was interesting- for both Nvidia and ATI, there were ups and downs for both but for some cards alot of the scores were way to low comparing to any other review ive seen- Ive never read that site before- and never will prob again as its in czech- but i tend to tkae international foreign sites with a lot of "salt" haha.

I dont think its very trustworthy.

Techpowerup review was good though- good scores again on both ends. the Quake ET score for a GTX was very low- and should be much opposite if you see any other review.

Interesting reviews-
The first review that OP posted was interesting- for both Nvidia and ATI, there were ups and downs for both but for some cards alot of the scores were way to low comparing to any other review ive seen- Ive never read that site before- and never will prob again as its in czech- but i tend to tkae international foreign sites with a lot of "salt" haha.

I dont think its very trustworthy.

Techpowerup review was good though- good scores again on both ends. the Quake ET score for a GTX was very low- and should be much opposite if you see any other review.

I know author of that test so I know it is trustworthy.

FPS depends on settings and which part of game are you testing - some areas are much more demanding then others.

It's a nice review, well put togethor, appreciate the effort put forth however i don't understand why people with antiquated processors are reviewing high end graphics cards. the money would be better spent on a Quad Core and Mobo rather than a 3870x2 in this case. The 3870x2 scales far better with a Quad Core 3.6ghz than an 8800 Ultra etc...so the better your processor the better performance of the card see this review for reference where they actually test cpu scaling between Ultra and 3870x2 and 3870x2 beats the Ultra in pretty much every game running on a q6600 whereas the difference is much closer on a slower dual core processor:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?menu...ty_id=-1&image_id=769656&page=1&show=original

Perfect case for upgrading CPU before GPU as you won't see the performance the 3870x2 is capable of on a dual core processor @ 3ghz of course it is nice for future proofing as you will see a very nice boost once you finally get around to upgrading the CPU!

Cheers

Back