Another Question :) - NEC LCD1760v-bk 17" Good/Bad/Ugly?

Stanley Pain

2[H]4U
Linky here

Pretty good price for a 16ms LCD. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this one?

I was previously waiting on the Samsung 171x, but this looks like a nice display as well.

Any comments on this?

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

I am not a gamer so I cant tell you how it would perform on games, however I do own the NEC Multisync 1760VM-BK. The difference is mine has the built in speakers. I should have just gotten the one you were looking at and saved the extra few dollars but thats ok.

This monitor looks really nice when sitting on the desk. Colors on it are simply amazing. I am not at 100% performance of my monitor though because I am using the analog input rather than the DVI. My computer only has 8mb of shared onboard video memory and does not have an AGP slot to feed my monitor the appropriate DVI feed.

Despite the limitations I have with mith PC limiting my monitors full potential, I think it is an excellent monitor and would make any owner proud to have it.

Any more questions, feel free to ask. Not sure what info you are looking for specifically.

Craig

I just bought two of them for work. The colors are vivid and picture is sharp. I don't really like the Stand (no Height or Swivel adjustment) as far as aesthetics go, it's kind of "plain Jane". There are other more attractive Monitors. (My Opinion) No DVI/Digital Input. I would buy/own one if I could find a good deal, but there are other Monitors using the Same Panel with more features in the same price range. I paid $488.00ea (USD)

Hans

Originally posted by HansYupp
I just bought two of them for work. The colors are vivid and picture is sharp. I don't really like the Stand (no Height or Swivel adjustment) as far as aesthetics go, it's kinda of "plain Jane". There are other more attractive Monitors. (My Opinion) No DVI/Digital Input. I would buy/own one if I could find a good deal, but there are other Monitors using the Same Panel with more features in the same price range. I paid $488.00ea (USD)

Hans

That is correct, the Multisync LCD1760V does not have DVI input, however the LCD1760VM does. The model I have also has Great Swivel and tilt adjustments. Please read the link and consider the 1760VM rather than the 1760V.

I was going to copy and paste the info on here, however it is too much, so here is a link for the NEC MultiSync LCD1760VM

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products/home/DetailedSpecs.cfm?product_id=272&division=NEC

Yeah the only drawback for me on this one is the lack of DVI :(

Contemplating getting it anyway :).

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Unfortunatley Newegg doesn't ship to Canuck Land :p

Damn, I'd really like to get my hands on that 1760 VM :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Back