Another program with Adobe Flash's brush tool...

Curious, I love Adobe Flash's brush tool but the rest of Flash is bulky and unnecessary, is there a similar type of brush in another program? Does Illustrator have this? Specifically I mean a free drawing tool where the lines you draw are automatically smoothed out by a certain amount..

the rest of Flash is bulky and unnecessary

:eek:
lol - I work in Flash on nearly a daily basis, so I'm fairly partial to the rest of it. I know what you mean about the brush tool - it has a very slick fluidity to it that just isn't matched in other programs. Illustrator and PhotoShop can both do similar and possibly better brush effects with the right technique, but I've never seen another program that had anything like that same feel.

Most of the tools in Flash are left-over from the old Macromedia days. They weren't developed by Adobe, which is why they feel completely different from other Adobe tools. My guess would be the only programs that might have more similar tools would be the other old Macromedia leftovers like Fireworks etc. I never used those very much, so I don't remember how the brush tools handled, but it might be worth looking into if you can find the old versions.

Back