Another pc could die Thread

I agree with the naysayers............PC is basically getting better.

I'll be damned if I gotta play RTS games on console.

Its the choices of the developers that go with the lowest common denominator. Such would be consoles & lower end PCs. It's any wonder that a ton of people complained about Crysis & the irony is more are demanding titles that push the envelope now. I'm all about getting immersed from a high quality graphics engine built around awesome gameplay. Unfortunately, too many build gameplay around the graphics engines now. Let's not make generalist statements about how awesome console games are. They even have limited scope since they often lack large zones/levels that PC versions have. Those who know about Deus Ex Invisible War can acknowledge the disappointment in full. This is a degenerative attitude towards PCs & many former money grubbing devs have admitted that their games suffered due to that attitude. Screw the big publishers for pushing out crappy games that make PC gamers suffer for lack of innovation. The great thing about digital distribution is that it can benefit independent developers & show excellent PC exclusive titles. Is PC gaming ever going to die? No, at most it will change with technology itself. Consoles are just standardized clones of PCs & the simple mindedness captures the attention of those who don't have enough patience, knowledge or skill to gain joy from utilizing mods, custom configs, & enthusiast PCs.

This thread is practically on purpose it's that bad.

some PC gamers are so proud of the overall numbers of PC gaming, which is huge if you count MMOs, Sims, and other casual games. but I for one don't care for MMOs and Sims one bit. And success of MMOs doesn't help out the part of PC gaming I DO like at all. so whats the point of being proud of that.

oh thats right for the e-balls comparison of console and PC gaming, my bad.

So what you're saying is that it's only not e-ball pimping if you're interested in it?

:rolleyes:

exactly. right at this moment, pc's are only good for MMO'S, the sims type games,RTS and flight sims.

This is just ridiculous.

if they add keyboard mouse support for any console and release an mmo, for example, WoW.

PC gaming is beyond screwed.

As is this.

Very true, and thats not so farfetched. any current gen console could run games like WoW.

hurrah a 4 year old game, good thing we have consoles about.

If PC gaming dies then the whole gaming world is in deep shit, the majorety of the the technology inside modern consoles comes from technology created and matured on PC's, without games to drive technology where it actually advances (rather than stagnates) we lose progress and we're stuck consoles trying to advance the hardware between their 4-5 year life cycles LMFAO

Some of you dont have the faintest clue of just how dependent consoles are on the PC to do all the legwork.

This thread is practically on purpose it's that bad.

So what you're saying is that it's only not e-ball pimping if you're interested in it?

:rolleyes:

This is just ridiculous.

As is this.

If PC gaming dies then the whole gaming world is in deep shit, the majorety of the the technology inside modern consoles comes from technology created and matured on PC's, without games to drive technology where it actually advances (rather than stagnates) we lose progress and we're stuck consoles trying to advance the hardware between their 4-5 year life cycles LMFAO

Some of you dont have the faintest clue of just how dependent consoles are on the PC to do all the legwork.

why is my statement redicolus? what other genra's in gaming that the pc excels better then the consoles? pc users just about got gta4 made for it. there are next to no sports games coming out on the pc including your beloved nba/nhl/nfl sports games

The sims3 is deemed as a girly game by some of you pc gamers. the technology currently out on the pc is nothing special from what i can see. crysis is the only game showing some good use of a modern pc's power but these consoles are not far behind them. take a look at far cry 2. looks abit like crysis but more darker and less blur in it.

cpu wise, consoles have 3-6 cores whilst most pc games just about take advantage of dual core's let alone quad cores. pc gaming will die eventualy unless something drastic happens, when i mean die, i mean most games wont be coming to the pc.

pc users will be stuck play wow forever.

Your last statement is true flamebait. It should be locked since you're resorting to hearsay & misguided experience. I don't believe you're a PC gamer at all if you haven't seen the best of what it offers & can offer.

I agree with the naysayers............PC is basically getting better.

I'll be damned if I gotta play RTS games on console.

Agreed, on both points.

Some great stuff coming out on PC that aren't garbage console ports, and more to come even early next year.

Since games are developed on PC for consoles, I highly doubt we're going to see the demise of PC gaming any time in the near future, where the PC is simply a "means to an end" to develop strictly for consoles.

Perhaps way down the road, but no time soon.

Your last statement is true flamebait. It should be locked since you're resorting to hearsay & misguided experience. I don't believe you're a PC gamer at all if you haven't seen the best of what it offers & can offer.

i have not touched both my consoles for nearly a month now. been playing gtr evo on my pc and rfactor. if you dont beleive me check my xfire name: jonneymendoza.

So your lack of PC gaming choices should be brought up & groaned about? A lot of hardcore PC gamers will disagree with your view & making a thread about it just means you wanted us to be a sounding board for your personal issue with PC gaming in general. Honestly, if you want other things to do, do them. Don't gripe & give grief when you could do more with your life, not bring about discord in a gaming forum.

alot of hardcore pc gamers are also fanboys too that no matter what state pc gaming is, they wil always support it regardless.

you speak of me doing better things other then moan and groan about pc gaming, why dont you do better things then to read such a topic you blatantly dislike. i dont go and read topics that i dont like. i post on ones that interest me

frosteh, as usual you cannot prove your point at all, so its invalid. You assume without PCs no one would further technology. that's a HUGE assumption and you just can't back it up.

alot of hardcore pc gamers are also fanboys too that no matter what state pc gaming is, they wil always support it regardless.

you speak of me doing better things other then moan and groan about pc gaming, why dont you do better things then to read such a topic you blatantly dislike. i dont go and read topics that i dont like. i post on ones that interest me

I post on topics I don't like in order to not allow it to be lopsided & biased to ONLY one viewpoint. You're simply a blatant hater & are using this thread as a tool to you're own issues. Why make a thread about a topic you hate? Seems quite hypocritical.

I post on topics I don't like in order to not allow it to be lopsided & biased to ONLY one viewpoint. You're simply a blatant hater & are using this thread as a tool to you're own issues. Why make a thread about a topic you hate? Seems quite hypocritical.

who says i hate this topic? hater to what? pc gaming?(have not touched my consoles for nearly a month) or on console gaming? (why did i purchase a ps3 and 360?)

your the one coming out has a hater hear. read my original post mate and indicate to me where the hating is in it. show me proof that im a biased person towards pc dieing. i made this topic to see what other people think and to maybe and HOPEFULY show some indications that im wrong but so far i still believe pc gaming is in BIG trouble

Why do keep saying its dying when people give the opposite examples? That is why I'm irked with your posts.

its nice to see another realist gamer on here(referring to jonneymendoza)

To the others, the thing about PC gaming is that the PC wasn't meant for gaming in the first place. That's its flaw.Today more than ever it's all about streamlining things, cutting costs and simplifying things. We've seen gaming consoles become more and more like PCs every generation because the PC has great features.

Fact is the line between consoles and PC is becoming increasingly blurred. It's ignorant to think black and white, consoles and PCs, especially in a long term situation.

As much as I love it, the PC is flawed as a gaming platform. people should be happy though, that streamlined consoles are mimicing the PC more and more. All this means is that even though not now, EVENTUALLY we will all be relatively happy, and it will be with a new device none of us have heard of. keep an open mind people.

There won't be anything left to hate about consoles once they've acquired all the strengths that you love about the PC. To think that its not possible its just being closeminded.

-
I'd also like to add that popular mmorpgs(mainly WoW) have really made PC gaming more popular than ever. If you think Sony and MS aren't taking note of this and planning to tap into that mmorpg potential for their next consoles, you must be mad. Expect keyboards and mice for the next generation of consoles for sure.

Back