Another mobo thread v. is the P8Z68-V PRO for me

rufio

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been slowly piecing together a new system to replace my grossly out-dated E6600 build. The system will be equal parts work and play, with the non-game related heavy hitting being CS5 work.

So far I have the following:
Corsair TX750 rev1 (system pull)
XFX reference 5850 (system pull)
Crucial M4 128gb SSD (new)
16gb Gskill 1600 ripjaws (new)
Rocketfish Case/Fans
Corsair A70 HSF (new)
WD 750 Black (system pull)

I plan on getting a 2600K as soon as a decent deal pops up and would like to clock it to ~4.5ghz with as little voltage increase as possible. I may also dabble with getting another 5850 to xfire if the price is right, but it seems unlikely.

With the above in mind, is there any reason the Asus P8Z68-V PRO would not be a great board? I have seen talk of some sleep issues and ssd boot issues with sandy bridge, but I don't know if they affect this specific board. I have had my current system with an asus p5wdh deluxe since late 06 and never had a problem. I would like the same ability to keep this new system for quite some time.

i have that board with a 2500k and i have no sleep issues. i have run it with the 45 multi since i first booted it and no issues at all. im also running the c300 real ssd as a boot drive and no issues. very solid.

I have the P8Z68-V and absolutely love the board. Very easy to OC, super stable, just a pleasure to work with. I have been using a SSD as a cache drive, but just ordered up a 128GB M4 that I will make my boot drive. So I will be able to give you some input here in a few days if I have any sleep issues. With my current setup though, no problems.

I have the P8Z68-V and absolutely love the board. Very easy to OC, super stable, just a pleasure to work with. I have been using a SSD as a cache drive, but just ordered up a 128GB M4 that I will make my boot drive. So I will be able to give you some input here in a few days if I have any sleep issues. With my current setup though, no problems.

Awesome, keep me posted. Looks like I might have a complete system put together sooner than I thought.

Back