Another Marriage Falls Victim to World of Warcraft

The Only game that has been able to ruin my life with its addiction was TES: Oblivion.
I had never heard of The Elder Scrolls before when Oblivion was coming out. I had really no interest in playing it either. But then HardForum became nothing but 1 huge Oblivion Thread and I figured I had better see what the fuss is about.

Ruined my fucking life for 3 Months straight… I mean seriously, all I did was play this game. My Day was as follows: Get up in the morning at 8:00 am, go to work for 8 hours, come home at 5:00 pm and play the game till 4:00 am or later. Some times I didn’t sleep for 48 hours. I stopped going out and I stopped doing anything that would cut into my Oblivion play time. I ordered in food casue cooking took up way to much time! I would work 40 hours a week and play Oblivion about 80 hours.

Just to give you an Idea of how much I played it, I completed every single quest in the game. Every side quest, every main quest, every possible venue of play, all of it! I use to Farm the Oblivion Dimension for fun, go into gates and shut them down just for fun; I have must have closed several hundred gates. Once I hit level 60 I really didn’t want to play anymore because I became a GOD. I had spells that killed every single thing in sight, it didn’t matter if it was the most super boss in the game, 1 cast and it died.

I started to make up my own quests just because nothing was left to do. Like for example… Kill every single person in every single town and city before they respawn. Or see just how high a bounty I could get on my Grey Fox Masked Head. Explore the whole map, or try to kill everyone with only the bow and arrows… etcetera.

For 3 Months that game owned my soul!

Oh that was some extreme addiction. Worst I had was Neverwinter Nights... I played on a online server and just keep training up legendary characters although I would never quite built them right and have to start over. I did that for 6 months or so before I stopped and thought why did it matter much.

Now I pretty much stick to lighter games with more action and less grinding. Works much better for me.

I would gladly spend a significant fraction of my life playing RPGs online. Or on tabletop. My wife, unfortunately, bitches at me so much anytime I even start a game, it has taken alot of the joy away from playing. There's the other end of the spectrum for you...

Who gives a fluck? Seriously?

I doubt there is even one person who has posted in this thread who is going to loose sleep over this. Why even bother to post this, or was it to try to make WoW out to be a bad game?

Nothing wrong with WoW. Nothing wrong with any game. Games didnt "poof" into existance, they were created, just as a book is written and art is.....In all cases, it is a "thing". Without the human to view them, they do nothing. Dont blame the "thing", it has no choice.....Humans do.

Who gives a fluck? Seriously?

I doubt there is even one person who has posted in this thread who is going to loose sleep over this. Why even bother to post this, or was it to try to make WoW out to be a bad game?

Nothing wrong with WoW. Nothing wrong with any game. Games didnt "poof" into existance, they were created, just as a book is written and art is.....In all cases, it is a "thing". Without the human to view them, they do nothing. Dont blame the "thing", it has no choice.....Humans do.

yep. people should just think of WOW as a powerful over-the-counter drug. Though I do think the game should have a surgeon generals warning on it. oh and any movie that has WOW in it should be rated R.(cigarette joke there for you) :p

Back