Another Marriage Falls Victim to World of Warcraft

Meh, for some people fantasy is better than reality, I expect this will start happening more and more as fantasy games get better and more in depth. I'm not going to judge the guy for it, do what makes you happy is what I say

I don't have a relationship at the moment, and it has nothing to do with WoW I actually don't play MMO's all that much, it's because women are whiney self obsessed *****'s and the effort getting into bed with them isn't worth the end result.

thats right, I went there :p

MMOs can be somewhat addicting in some ways but if it was that bad then I'd say he had issues before she gave him the game. The fault is on him. Not the game. It probably would have been something else eventually that took him to that point. In this case it was WoW. Just my opinion anyway.

As funny as all this may be to the outside observer, there is usually a serious underlying psychological condition that is causing people to shut out their wives and girlfriends for playing the game.

I believe it's called vagiphobia.

That's a joke right?

Calling me a 'virgin' because I like wimmin a hell of alot more than I like video games? LOL

Hm, makes me wonder..not only are you probably some pimple face virgin living in your mothers basement (or some variation therein)...you sound gay too.

No, idiot, I called you a virgin because you came in here beating your chest and waving your dick around. You sound like a 12 year old kid.

Edit: and for the record I totally agree with the first sentence of what you said, if I were married, no video game would ever come between me and spending time with a woman I loved. The virgin comment was a joke based on your dick waving.

We always hear about these stories involving WoW or other MMO's. The fact of the matter is there will always be a handful of people who take things to the extreme, whether it be video games or any other hobby.

Agreed .. I also don't see how these people can play games like WoW for hours on end (7 hours a day is insane) .. I'd be pretty bored playing World of Warcraft for 7 hours a day since it isn't all that difficult with their recentish patch that made leveling easy, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself ... its a pretty good game casually though but 7 hours/day = burnout and almost like work rather than enjoyment.

Warcraft is a game with a lot of intrinsic value because the art, sound, and other production values are so good. I can sort of understand how someone could get hooked on it.

You can't really blame the developers or the game, that is for sure, because they have made every effort to cater to the needs of both casual and "hardcore" players. For example, the game rewards you for not playing by resting your character, allowing you to gain experience faster when you return.

I would say that the game offers plenty of things to see and do for people who don't want to neglect their personal and professional obligations.

The real problem is that the players are constantly being barraged with guild and group invites encouraging them to play longer. It isn't as simple as saying that this guy left his wife for a game, because he was no doubt involved with people in the game. More likely, he left for his "guild" or to spend more time with his friends in the game.

I'm not sure if at the end of the day this is any different than the guy who decides he is going to go to the bar every night with his buddies and leave his wife at home.

Well, this guy shouldn't be married. It's probably for the good of everyone. If I were her, I would have sued him for fraud in marriage, at least get my marriage expenses back :D

I don't have a relationship at the moment, and it has nothing to do with WoW I actually don't play MMO's all that much, it's because women are whiney self obsessed *****'s and the effort getting into bed with them isn't worth the end result.

thats right, I went there :p

Uhh... Totally QFT

Amen

It should be noted that men arent the only ones accused of ignoring women in favor of pc/video games. Seen enough men complain of similar things from their wives. Although its probably more men ignoring wives than wives ignoring husbands but it goes both ways.

Also, before there was pc or video games plenty of women complained about their husbands watching tv and ignoring them. Often to the point of divorce. PC/video games is just the latest reason. As I said before he would have done it sooner or later anyway. Something else is wrong in their marriage.

An ad I saw a long time ago. Made me laugh so I had to save it.

nightelfwithadegreedn5.jpg

Pssh, she knew it would happen, she just wanted a divorce and screwed him over while she was at it. Thats why she gave it to him to play, she just needed a plausible reason.

Was the problem really WoW? I'd leave the marriage because of the formerly female part.

methinks the video game was not responsible. no matter how close you may have been, i am pretty certain you were not privy to everything going on in their marriage.

maybe the last straw...the one that broke the camels back or the issue that crystallized the relationship. dont get me wrong, a divorce is a difficult and sad thing to go through or watch someone you know/care about go through. but a video game is not the cause.

i remember when i began playing EverCrack in 1999, and spending many a night playing. and then the 1st expansion. right on the package it read "Buy this game for someone, only if you NEVER want to see them again..."

my now ex wife would tell me she hated "that damn game..." but our divorce was not in any way connected to the game. i played because i enjoyed it, and i was not listening to her bitch :eek:

a symptom, not a cause.

I don't understand how people can get so addicted to something, do people just naturally have an addictive personality? For me, I can't play games for more than 2-3 hours before I get bored no matter how much I may like it. Yet my friend has absolutely no trouble playing games all night long.

methinks the video game was not responsible. no matter how close you may have been, i am pretty certain you were not privy to everything going on in their marriage.

maybe the last straw...the one that broke the camels back or the issue that crystallized the relationship. dont get me wrong, a divorce is a difficult and sad thing to go through or watch someone you know/care about go through. but a video game is not the cause.

i remember when i began playing EverCrack in 1999, and spending many a night playing. and then the 1st expansion. right on the package it read "Buy this game for someone, only if you NEVER want to see them again..."

my now ex wife would tell me she hated "that damn game..." but our divorce was not in any way connected to the game. i played because i enjoyed it, and i was not listening to her bitch :eek:

a symptom, not a cause.

if you were 'not listening to her bitch', that right there is a very common reason that marriages don't work. Not listening because you wanted to enjoy the game, well that connects the game to the divorce right there.

ROFL.....He was in search for the MAGICAL SWORD!!!!! He wouldnt give up till that dumb dragon dropped it :eek:

She must not have been very interesting for him to leave her for a game. I don't think he is 100% to blame, say what you will. If your marriage is so weak that a game can break it then you had other bigger problems before that.

Wow.. the kids just aren't getting any smarter on these forums huh. For you to come into a VIDEO GAME FORUM AND ADMIT YOUR A VIRGIN is just plain ignorant and sad. Who cares that your a virgin, I don't and I'm sure no one else cares...that's your own sad problem.

And for you to 'guess' that I'm a 'virgin' simply because of my retort makes you even more a true dumbass. STFU and go get some booty...if you can.

Oh yeah, I'm 30 with a fiance going on 2 years..talk about what you know and grow up..VIRGIN.

You sound like a 12 year old

do people just naturally have an addictive personality?

Some people do. If it wouldn't have been WoW, it would have likely been something else.

Almost as bad is when some like that quits. They then swing to the opposite side and are the most anti- whatever they were previously addicted to. They are obsessive and single minded.

On a lighter note...

I met a girl on WoW a few weeks ago. I joined a friendly low level guild to start a new character, a Human Warlock. And in the guild chat she said 20/f/london and I /w her and said "no girls on the internet" so she decided to prove it over msn, and we got talking etc

That lead to talking on MSN
That lead to txting each other
That lead to phoning each other
That lead to her coming to a LAN party im having in about a week...

Now I'm a happy chappy :D

I don't see what's wrong w/ being a virign, I for one am not, but I don't see a problem. Half of the kids here are too young to be having sex and some just choose that lifestyle. It's not like sticking you penis in a vagina makes you smarter or instantly gives you a ticket to Coolville..,

it doesnt?!?! EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER KNOWN IS A LIE!!!!!

The Only game that has been able to ruin my life with its addiction was TES: Oblivion.
I had never heard of The Elder Scrolls before when Oblivion was coming out. I had really no interest in playing it either. But then HardForum became nothing but 1 huge Oblivion Thread and I figured I had better see what the fuss is about.

Ruined my fucking life for 3 Months straight… I mean seriously, all I did was play this game. My Day was as follows: Get up in the morning at 8:00 am, go to work for 8 hours, come home at 5:00 pm and play the game till 4:00 am or later. Some times I didn’t sleep for 48 hours. I stopped going out and I stopped doing anything that would cut into my Oblivion play time. I ordered in food casue cooking took up way to much time! I would work 40 hours a week and play Oblivion about 80 hours.

Just to give you an Idea of how much I played it, I completed every single quest in the game. Every side quest, every main quest, every possible venue of play, all of it! I use to Farm the Oblivion Dimension for fun, go into gates and shut them down just for fun; I have must have closed several hundred gates. Once I hit level 60 I really didn’t want to play anymore because I became a GOD. I had spells that killed every single thing in sight, it didn’t matter if it was the most super boss in the game, 1 cast and it died.

I started to make up my own quests just because nothing was left to do. Like for example… Kill every single person in every single town and city before they respawn. Or see just how high a bounty I could get on my Grey Fox Masked Head. Explore the whole map, or try to kill everyone with only the bow and arrows… etcetera.

For 3 Months that game owned my soul!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!
People get divorced all the time for different reasons. Some are even more trivial than this. People have to point their finger at something other than themselves and videogames are an easy target. As mentioned before we all know that other than the game, their marriage was spot on perfect right.. : /

I'm not going to judge the guy for it, do what makes you happy is what I say

if your single w/no children ..then that might be acceptable .. but when your married and/or have children , you have a responsibility to your spouse/children first. If one can't find happiness in their spouse and/or children , then there is a definite problem somewhere. :(

Pics?

;)
On a lighter note...

I met a girl on WoW a few weeks ago. I joined a friendly low level guild to start a new character, a Human Warlock. And in the guild chat she said 20/f/london and I /w her and said "no girls on the internet" so she decided to prove it over msn, and we got talking etc

That lead to talking on MSN
That lead to txting each other
That lead to phoning each other
That lead to her coming to a LAN party im having in about a week...

Now I'm a happy chappy :D

Back