Another Just Cause 2 MP open beta coming up

eggrock

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.jc-mp.com/

I stumbled across the end of the last open beta and it was a blast. Worth checking out if you like JC2.

[edit] Related stuff

The client download will be available from the website when the beta starts. You need a working copy of JC2 to participate.

The client will connect you to the server's IP address.

Chat Commands (T to chat by default)

http://www.jc-mp.info/index.php/Chat_Commands

Last edited:
It's been in development for awhile and it's been mentioned here from time to time. The first public beta was July 1st, 2012.

I only caught the last couple hours and didn't participate in any real testing. There's a little lag here and there with models but overall it played pretty well and didn't crash (excepting one Crossfire related crash, but that's my problem.)

There was a horde of people on the blimp warring with various aircraft, PvP sessions in the dish, road rallys in the dish (separate world) and some faction stuff going on that I didn't participate in.

The racetrack had the most lulz with cars and aircraft everywhere. Once in awhile I'd hit a piece of debris and my vehicle would do some crazy shit and come out dented and smoking.

You get random weapons when you (re)spawn, including the bubble gun. There's no NPCs or NPC traffic at all and you can't see other peoples' parachutes--most of this is documented in the FAQ.

They integrated LUA with it last fall(?) and the devs seem to be pretty happy with it.

I tried it the first time it was available, and I didn't have a good time. It was boring just driving and parachuting around. If you weren't one of the first people to get on the server, then good luck getting an airplane. Griefers would just bomb the airport continuously.

Wow the idea of a JC2 MP game seems like huge potential but equal parts awesome and nightmare.

I'll definitely check it out. JC2 is one of my favorite games ever simply because of the open, unrestricted "go anywhere" feel.

I tried it the first time it was available, and I didn't have a good time. It was boring just driving and parachuting around. If you weren't one of the first people to get on the server, then good luck getting an airplane. Griefers would just bomb the airport continuously.

When I was on there were vehicles sitting around that would respawn periodically. There were a couple hundred people on and finding transportation wasn't a huge problem as long as you avoided the teleport points (like the main airport.)

It was a mix of mostly empty area (huge game world), a few sparsely populated towns with running battles, and a few heavily populated areas that were total war. I saw faction markers everywhere but I don't know what they really do and wasn't interested enough to join.

Back