Another [H] farm on the way

Bodega

Gawd
There comes a time in every mans life when he decides that he needs to set up a fold server. that time is now. :)

Going to set up the server/router on a dual 244 opteron machine... just becuase it has a dual NIC integrated. Running it through an 8 port netgear hub to the clients. So far it's looking like they will be the following: 2500+, 2.0a, celeron D 330, 933mhz p3, 733mhz p3. Soon to follow will be a dual 2.4 xeon machine and, if i can ever find a mb, a dual 1.8 xeon machine. business is really picking up and i believe i also have a 2.8b incoming.
Some of these computers have already been folding for a while, but with win2k and some other stuff taking up cycles.
Hopefully i won't have any problems with the installation or setting up the client images, it's been a long time since i've worked with linux or unix :eek:

Wow, that is going to be a nice little add... Don't forget to take pictures for us :cool:

Sounds like a nice setup Bodega, make sure you let us know your experience with it!

Hooray, another user!

I'm working on fold-server this weekend, believe it or not... I got a trial copy of VMware, and I'll be buying the real thing before the license runs out, so I won't need a seperate machine for the development work. Snapshots are nice, too.

The dual opteron machine won't automatically start 2 copies of FAH, I'll have to send you a script to fix that. It has to get written before 1.1 anyways, might as well get it out of the way now. PM or email me and I'll respond asap with the updated script and instructions on how to install.

As always, email if you run into problems. When, rather. :rolleyes:

Back