Another FAILED Galaxy Rebate

Yikes2000

Limp Gawd
My Galaxy GTX 670 GC rebate was declined this morning for:

- Original UPC Barcode Label (#845735001386) (Not the shipping label barcode) is missing

which is ridiculous, as the UPC lable is clearly shown in their scanned copy:

Failed%20GTX%20670%20Rebate%20UPC.jpg

What's wrong with it!? Everyone who bought their Galaxy GTX 670 recently from Amazon for $350 will probably submit the exact same label and get their $20 rebate declined for the same reason. These rebate processing companies are down right dishonest!!! Galaxy ought to deduct commission for incorrectly denied rebates by the processor.

Even worse, the email notice said the decline is FINAL. What!? Their mistake and it's FINAL!!!

:mad:

Not an issue, we have a Galaxy rep that is on HardForum that will get it worked out for you.

Seems there is an issue with the RETAILER covering up the UPC code on the box. DOH! I have sent an email to Galaxy on your behalf.

Kick Ass! I'm on a half dozen tech web sites out there and very rarely do you see the site owner, in this case Kyle personally getting involved and going that extra mile to help.

Even more reasons to support HardOCP any way you can.

Hint: HardOCP Commissioned Buying Links

http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=92

I understand your frustration and thankfully we have a helpful galaxy rep. I do have a question concerning the "Another Failed Galaxy Rebate" title. Was this in the heat of the moment type thing (you were pissed off) or is there an ongoing issue with Galaxy rebates? Or is this issue due to a particular retailer with the placement of their labels?

I ask because when I buy hardware there is normally always a rebate (of which I've never had problems save for them taking 1 to 2 months.) The last two cards I've owned have been from Galaxy and I've been checking out those 670 deals to rid myself of my 480 GTX.

I understand your frustration and thankfully we have a helpful galaxy rep. I do have a question concerning the "Another Failed Galaxy Rebate" title. Was this in the heat of the moment type thing (you were pissed off) or is there an ongoing issue with Galaxy rebates? Or is this issue due to a particular retailer with the placement of their labels?

I ask because when I buy hardware there is normally always a rebate (of which I've never had problems save for them taking 1 to 2 months.) The last two cards I've owned have been from Galaxy and I've been checking out those 670 deals to rid myself of my 480 GTX.

There have been a few threads recently, yes.
But the rep has been jumping in and helping, from what I have seen.

I recall reading another [H] user having similar problem with Galaxy rebate, hence the title "Another". Searching "Galaxy rebate" in the forum yield no result, after another 10 minutes of looking, I gave up and posted.

I think the problem is that, on many boxes of Galaxy video cards, the UPC label is covered over by some "retailer label". As a consumer, I see only one bar code on the box so I cut it out for the rebate, not knowing there is another label underneath it. Imagine if they reject everyone's rebate this way, how many people would take the time and effort like me to investigate the problem and follow through?

I'm glad that we have someone that can help here. The unreliability of rebates is why I consider them icing on top of the cake of anything that I buy. If I can't afford them without the rebate; I simply don't buy them. If I can, AND I get the rebate, then awesome.

My Galaxy GTX 670 GC rebate was declined this morning for:

- Original UPC Barcode Label (#845735001386) (Not the shipping label barcode) is missing

which is ridiculous, as the UPC lable is clearly shown in their scanned copy:

Failed%20GTX%20670%20Rebate%20UPC.jpg

What's wrong with it!? Everyone who bought their Galaxy GTX 670 recently from Amazon for $350 will probably submit the exact same label and get their $20 rebate declined for the same reason. These rebate processing companies are down right dishonest!!! Galaxy ought to deduct commission for incorrectly denied rebates by the processor.

I got your pm and replied. Looks like someone at Amazon got a little excited with the sticker gun but we'll get it straightened out ASAP.

My problem is with the rebate companies saying the issue is final without being able to fix the mistake.

I recall reading another [H] user having similar problem with Galaxy rebate, hence the title "Another". Searching "Galaxy rebate" in the forum yield no result, after another 10 minutes of looking, I gave up and posted.

I think the problem is that, on many boxes of Galaxy video cards, the UPC label is covered over by some "retailer label". As a consumer, I see only one bar code on the box so I cut it out for the rebate, not knowing there is another label underneath it. Imagine if they reject everyone's rebate this way, how many people would take the time and effort like me to investigate the problem and follow through?

I posted the issue here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1716624
Andrew @ Galaxy posted that he will contact Amazon about the issue.

I got your pm and replied. Looks like someone at Amazon got a little excited with the sticker gun but we'll get it straightened out ASAP.

Lol. If I am ever in a market for a Nvidia card I'll be sure to check you guys out!

If the rebate gets applied it would be a big plus for Galaxy's image and reputation. I don't want to think about the opposite happening...

Alrighty, we reversed that "final" decision real quick. Yikes2000, your rebate is approved and should be on the way here shortly.

We also gave the rebate company a heads up on the sticker issue so they know not to decline anyone else because of it. If anyone still has any trouble, though, just send me a pm and I'll get it turned around.

Alrighty, we reversed that "final" decision real quick. Yikes2000, your rebate is approved and should be on the way here shortly.

We also gave the rebate company a heads up on the sticker issue so they know not to decline anyone else because of it. If anyone still has any trouble, though, just send me a pm and I'll get it turned around.

^ Baller status right here. Galaxy is in my Friday card purchase list.

Srsly awesome. Way to score brownie points with the community.

Seriously, this deserves huge kudos and laud to Galaxy. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 680 guess who I'll be checking out now.

+1

I bought a Galaxy 670 last night. Your quick movements in this thread gave me the comfort to go ahead and hit 'BUY'. Now I have confirmation. Thank you for caring about your customers. That really makes the difference now days!

I had a rebate at the end of last year that went smoothly, though the rebate center didn't lie when they said it could take however many weeks. It was on a great deal for a gts 450, back when I was spending less money on video cards. Part of what convinced me to buy Galaxy a second time

While this is kudos and very commendable to Galaxy. I hope that a memo is sent out internally so that their rebate team is aware of this. Not everyone knows about this website or has an exclusive contact with Galaxy. Many people will get just fed up. Notice OP's tittle "ANOTHER...."

Thank you though for looking for the community.

Nice, I'm impressed enough to move Galaxy to the top of my list for my next purchase.

Way to go Galaxy and Kyle.

I still think mail-in rebates are a pain in the ass, and will do everything in my power to avoid them.

That said, Galaxy (and Andrew the rep) does it again, doing right by the customer. Why can't more companies do what they're doing here? :)

What's the point of mail-in rebates anyway? Galaxy getting your personal info?
Mail-in rebates should be forbidden.

I still think mail-in rebates are a pain in the ass, and will do everything in my power to avoid them.

That said, Galaxy (and Andrew the rep) does it again, doing right by the customer. Why can't more companies do what they're doing here? :)

Oh those companies CAN, most just DON'T though.

The fact of the matter is that it is a draw for selling product, and many people do not even attempt to send the rebate in. When the rebate is not sent in or claimed, it is quite simply a large profit for the manufacturer. So basically MIRs are a sales and profit generation tool. That all said, Galaxy is very aware that it is good for its company for rebates to go smoothly when applied for. In this case, it is hard to fault anyone but the retailer that put the stickers over the on-box UPC code. The company handling the rebates has strict guidelines as to processing these, and if you saw the amount of rebate fraud that goes on, you would likely better understand why a rebate with an issue like is outlined here is declined.

That all said, Galaxy is aware of the issue and is working to correct it. Trust me, there is no upside to selling enthusiast products with an MIR that pisses people off that have such a public voice.

Last edited:

Wow. Kudos man. Stuff like this goes a long way.

They count on the non-redemption rate. It's nice that there's a company rep here, but for every one person that gets their shady rebate rejection sorted out, there's probably ten that just give up. I've had 2 rejected myself, but Newegg gave me store credit both times to cover (though I haven't ordered anything from there in a while.)

I had a few rebates fall through before. I wish more companies had such respect for their customers.

I am buying a new card in the next few days. Because of the G reps correction of this issue, they went to the top of my brand list for this purchase.

I am buying a new card in the next few days. Because of the G reps correction of this issue, they went to the top of my brand list for this purchase.

would it be appropriate to call Andrew the "G-Man?" :p

Just bought a Galaxy gtx670 from Newegg -- Definitely nice to see this support! :)

Awesome support, will add Galaxy to my purchases in the future. Good thing there was a rep here on these forums :)

with help like this on the forum - I gotta say next time I'm in the hardware buying mode, going Galaxy went to the top of the list with backing like this.

It's pretty amazing what you can do with awesome customer support.

Yeah I haven't heard much of GALAXY until about 2 years ago. I see they make a lot of stuff, but after seeing this you can bet I'll be sporting a galaxy GPU next. I always thought they look nice. My gtx 470 is getting a bit old.

Back