Another example of not owning Adobe software you paid for.

Dead Parrot

2[H]4U
Since marxism has most people eating from dumpsters in Venezuela I doubt they're all that worried about anything Adobe. There are zero legitimate reasons for a server connection in Adobe's best circumstances and it costs more for the subscription than outright paying. This will only force more people to get illegitimate copies and or force people to see better alternatives. It just seems like Adobe is a "did it to themselves" type of company.

I have had to go onto CC products now even though I have a license for my CS6 collection as for some reason, Adobe's servers seem to think my license number is "pirated"!! I would not spend almost £1000 several moons ago on a software suite with a dodgy serial number!!! When contacted Adobe, was basically told that they don't support CS6 anymore and cannot help me, and the only resolution is to pay a monthly subscription fee. If I had time to mess around and learn new software I might be ditching Adobe products full stop, but I haven't got time to mess around learning other suites even if they are very similar to what I am already using. I certainly won't be spending out serious cash again on licenses if this is the way that it is going to go.

Honestly, it's customer service like this that makes people use "China town specials"

I have had to go onto CC products now even though I have a license for my CS6 collection as for some reason, Adobe's servers seem to think my license number is "pirated"!! I would not spend almost £1000 several moons ago on a software suite with a dodgy serial number!!! When contacted Adobe, was basically told that they don't support CS6 anymore and cannot help me, and the only resolution is to pay a monthly subscription fee. If I had time to mess around and learn new software I might be ditching Adobe products full stop, but I haven't got time to mess around learning other suites even if they are very similar to what I am already using. I certainly won't be spending out serious cash again on licenses if this is the way that it is going to go.

Since marxism has most people eating from dumpsters in Venezuela I doubt they're all that worried about anything Adobe. There are zero legitimate reasons for a server connection in Adobe's best circumstances and it costs more for the subscription than outright paying. This will only force more people to get illegitimate copies and or force people to see better alternatives. It just seems like Adobe is a "did it to themselves" type of company.

Actually lots of people still try to make a living in Venezuela, and adobe's take on the executive order is excessive, you don't see any other tech company going this way, it will affect the few free press working there, any graphic designer who has been selling their work online for what in most of the world is peanut yet enough to survive there are also screwed, there are open source options for a great deal of the tools, but they all have their own quirks.

Don't defend this move, it was just a "hey, perfect excuse to keep the money while not giving out any service!" that Adobe has taken.

Man, quit using Adobe products ages ago. The final straw was paying full price for Adobe Premiere and when it kept crashing was told by Adobe support "Oh, that is a bug. That has been fixed in latest version."
What other business can you sell a DEFECTIVE product an have to bear little responsibility when it does not work?

This move will likely harm Adobe in the long run, and maybe even right away. I could see even people who aren't in Venezuela feeling uncomfortable with buying Adobe software and feeling justified in pirating it upon seeing this happen.

I don't know where you live, but since October 2018 it's legal in the US to bypass DRM in software you own to "repair" it so that you can use it. If you bought a perpetual (non-subscription) license for CS6, then you own it and could lawfully bypass its DRM.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/26/18027200/video-game-drm-consoles-repair-dmca-library-of-congress
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/copyight-ruling-right-to-repair/

Stuff like this is why I'm still using lightroom 5.7. Also switched to GIMP if I need to do anything with layers, and Vegas Video (humble bundle does a sale every so often on the Vegas suite) although Vegas is kind of buggy and lacks a lot of the features that After Effects has had for years. I'd rather spend a few hundred on a non-subscription license and update it every few years than get locked into paying monthly for cloud subscription software.

Stuff like this is why I'm still using lightroom 5.7. Also switched to GIMP if I need to do anything with layers, and Vegas Video (humble bundle does a sale every so often on the Vegas suite) although Vegas is kind of buggy and lacks a lot of the features that After Effects has had for years. I'd rather spend a few hundred on a non-subscription license and update it every few years than get locked into paying monthly for cloud subscription software.

Yeah, I like Vegas a lot and it is hard when you get the feel of one NLE package to switch to another. I switched to linux several years ago 100% except for occasional gaming (now I can do that on Linux to if I wanted). For a long time most NLEs were a buggy mess for Linux but a few have emerged that are excellent like Davinci Resolve.

Reactions: mikeo
like this

I subscribe to the Lightroom CC version, I own the standalone also, but being able to use Lightroom anywhere I can get a cell signal on any of my devices is just so addictive, $10 a month for that and 1 TB of cloud storage just sucked me in.

But then I read things like this and start to sweat.

I was pretty pissed when adobe pulled this crap. Subscription based software is horrible because of this very reason.....they pulled the plug and left everyone there out to dry. I have not used an Adobe product of this nature since they introduced the subscription based model.
I've been looking for the Adobe CS6 which was the last full version of the non-subbed software to no avail.....

I was pretty pissed when adobe pulled this crap. Subscription based software is horrible because of this very reason.....they pulled the plug and left everyone there out to dry. I have not used an Adobe product of this nature since they introduced the subscription based model.
I've been looking for the Adobe CS6 which was the last full version of the non-subbed software to no avail.....

Yeah I've tried to find a legit place to buy CS6 as well. Its like they recalled it when the next version came out haha.

The best part is "no refunds". Such a class act. If you can make/save some money while royally fucking people that are already poor and in very bad shape right now, why not do it?
They are forbade by law to issue refunds.

Here are some alternatives
1) Affinity Photo/Publisher/Designer
2) Fire Alpaca/Medibang
3) Inkscape
4) Clip Studio Paint
5) Krita
6) Openshot
7) Gimp
8) Natron

They are forbade by law to issue refunds.

Here are some alternatives
1) Affinity Photo/Publisher/Designer
2) Fire Alpaca/Medibang
3) Inkscape
4) Clip Studio Paint
5) Krita
6) Openshot
7) Gimp
8) Natron

OK, which law?

This sounds like war-time emergency law making tactics to me. The "perfect" excuse.

For the record, I don't care for Adobe or their products. I care for the people who were screwed. Imagine something like this happening to YOU.

At least they are issuing refunds where they can.

"The recent Executive Order of the US Government. UU. about Venezuela prohibits almost all transactions and services between US companies and entities and individuals in Venezuela. In order to comply with that order, Adobe will deactivate all accounts in Venezuela on October 29, 2019, with the exception of Behance. Customers who bought their products directly with Adobe will receive a refund before the end of the month for any paid and unpaid license period. We are working for our distributors to act in the same way. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to our customers. We will share more details on how our operations and activities could be affected to our customers, as they become available."

At least they are issuing refunds where they can.

"The recent Executive Order of the US Government. UU. about Venezuela prohibits almost all transactions and services between US companies and entities and individuals in Venezuela. In order to comply with that order, Adobe will deactivate all accounts in Venezuela on October 29, 2019, with the exception of Behance. Customers who bought their products directly with Adobe will receive a refund before the end of the month for any paid and unpaid license period. We are working for our distributors to act in the same way. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to our customers. We will share more details on how our operations and activities could be affected to our customers, as they become available."
Yep, it was edited today to include refunds.
Last publication: October 9, 2019

Actually the executive order only forbids you to do business with the government not the regular citizens so Adobe's statement is still reeking of bs

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...unts-in-venezuela-to-comply-with-trump-order/

Again take notice that only Adobe is doing it this way, office 365 is still fine and dandy as many other products and companies since this isn't to punish the people of the country but the government.

For those that have forgotten it, I'm Venezuelan with lots of my family still there.

The creative cloud services are tied to the subscription services. Their stand alone software (which they sold up until 2 years ago) does not need an internet connection. So they are killing off customers from subscriptions and NOT stand alone software.

Adobe? Who uses that shit anymore? Gimp, Krita, Resolve, has me covered for all my "adobe" needs.
Some are catching up but Adobe is still king. The problem is Adobe has had solid products for a long time and has no where to innovate.

LOL! Adobe still rules the roost. The reasons are well known and obvious.
Yeah, like apple. Shit packaged with a fine bow and sold at outrageous prices.

There is no good reason to use adobe over the free products I listed if you're a home user.

PS: Actually there is no good reason even if you're a corporation. Unless you have a 1000 hands using the software for years and re-training them would cost more than what you save on not paying adobe.

Last edited:

There is no good reason to use adobe over the free products I listed if you're a home user.

PS: Actually there is no good reason even if you're a corporation. Unless you have a 1000 hands using the software for years and re-training them would cost more than what you save on not paying adobe.
Wrong... Adobe is industry standard for a lot of reasons. Nice job moving the goal posts on "home users". I won't dignify that with an answer.

Wrong... Adobe is industry standard for a lot of reasons. Nice job moving the goal posts on "home users". I won't dignify that with an answer.
You won't dignify it by reading the entire post either it seems.

Adobe is industry standard because they were around the longest time. I used to use adobe, then I realized there are free alternatives that work just as well for me, sometimes better.

So far I only heard "a lot of reasons, obvious and well known reasons" not a very convincing sales pitch.
If they are so obvious and numerous why can't you mention a few?

You won't dignify it by reading the entire post either it seems.

Adobe is industry standard because they were around the longest time. I used to use adobe, then I realized there are free alternatives that work just as well for me, sometimes better.

So far I only heard "a lot of reasons, obvious and well known reasons" not a very convincing sales pitch.
If they are so obvious and numerous why can't you mention a few?

I'm not that familiar with all the other free options but the rotoscoping brush and motion tracking in after effects 10 years ago still worked better than anything else I've tried today.

Last edited:
Yeah I've tried to find a legit place to buy CS6 as well. Its like they recalled it when the next version came out haha.

You could get CS6 for a while after CC.

Now? It's 12 years old.

I can understand conceptually why you would be pissed at adobe for the Venezuela thing, but the situation in Venezuela is fucked.

I had a friend who emigrated from there. His family was not poor, and when they went communist his family went poof. It was assumed they went into hiding. After a few years and no contact it was assumed they were dead. Fast forward about a decade, and he finally hears from them. Basically it amounted to a ransom call and they wanted him to come back and bring all his assets with him converted to forms easily used to avoid sanctions. Sine he was older and single, he went. Nobody expects to ever hear form him again, including him. But maybe it keeps his family alive a bit longer.

I don't think Adobe even offers an option to buy their software outright anymore. To the best of my knowledge everything they offer is subscription based. Just a dishonest headline IMHO.

Canceling subscriptions is very different than say remotely deactivating CS6 and older users.

This is why I owned Hitfilm Express and add-on purchases separately I liked it.

How have I only just now heard of this!? I've been looking for a great, cheap video editing platform for literally years!

So wait. You are complaining about your old license not working and paying a little bit a month for a tool you are experienced with that continues to work for you and allow you to earn what is hopefully hundreds if not thousands more than its asking price a year?

What's interesting is your solution is right in front of you. A perpetual license that updates and won't go bad that can be ended at your discretion so you can stick it to the man. And depending on your product you choose it will take years if not almost a decade to cost $1000 for current up to date software.

I'm sorry. If you are professional and you use Adobe products and can't pay the price for it. You really need to reevaluate your business. Adobe products are cheap for their position in the industry. For photoshop ans lightroom I only pay $9.99 a month. If I can't make $10 a month for software that supports a major backbone of what I do, the failure is on me. Not the other way around.

Adobe products have their issues. So I'm not gonna just be on their side. But market price for their position is not one of them.

How have I only just now heard of this!? I've been looking for a great, cheap video editing platform for literally years!
HitFilm Express is a great free tool. All the good stuff is in it. There are others as well. I’ve never used Premier but I’ve spent a lot of time with several video editors and HitFilm is one of the best. I use something I pay for annually but after this year, I will probably make the switch.

I use Lightroom 6 which I bought several years ago. Adobe stopped updating it two years ago. I’ve tried the demo of LR CC and amazingly, they have done pretty much nothing. Added a few more lens profiles and now it can READ (not write) heic format. There is zero reason to upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeo
like this
I pay $10 a month for Photoshop. I don't even use it that much, but for editing random photos, memes, etc. it can come in handy.

GIMP actually got a lot better with the 2.10 version or around there. Trying to learn it again but it is a struggle sometimes.

Did buy Premiere Elements a few years ago for $100 and it still works (perpetual version, not subscription). For simple benchmark videos it is good enough, but I did mess with Resolve a bit and it's way better.

Back