Another Day Another Ryzen Information Leak Rumor

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Are you suffering from Ryzen information overload yet? No? Me neither. Albeit there is a lot of misinformation out there, and we try our best to shy away from most of that. WCCFTech have a page full of Ryzen Architectural information that is likely too detailed to be all hooey. Just think, we are getting very close to seeing our first hands on glimpses of Ryzen. I have personally put off a system build waiting for Ryzen to show its prowess.

It means that for the very first time since the early 2000s AMD’s CPUs are no longer at an inherent disadvantage due to Intel’s process lead. From an architectural point of view Zen is a brand new clean-slate design that’s been led from the get-go by accomplished CPU architect Jim Keller. The very same engineer that played a pivotal role in designing the original Athlon XP and Athlon64 processors. The most successful and competitive CPU products in the history of the company.

Why not just release it? So many "leaks" and rumors, but I want to see it in the hands of reviewers (and consumers, dammit!). Put some pressure on Intel.

I want it to be very good. I wouldn't mind jumping to AMD again. At the least, Intel will be forced to do a bit more.

I'm not getting any work done constantly looking for new Ryzen/AMD leaks...dammit.

I'm hoping and praying that we get to a point where people enmasse shout, "Shut up and take my money!!" with this release. AMD being good would be SUCH a wonderful 2017 gift!

No reverse hyperthreading? Not a good sign!
:p

So they even added automatic overclocking beyond the boost freq as long as you keep it chill enough. And an unlocked multi. Only the "59$" chipset will have the bus locked.
It looks really good on paper.
However - that much focus on making the thing work at the highest possible frequency kind of suggests they're stretching themselves as thin as possible to show they finally caught up.
Me likey.

NDA ends the 28th with release on the 2nd, not much longer to wait.

Also if it really goes toe to toe with a 6950k for almost a 3rd the price that is a real F U to Intel, here is hoping it pans out. Not in the market for another couple of years myself but I'm pulling for them.

If it's good, I'm in for a AMD Ryzen 7 1700. No need to spend an extra $150 for more wattage and base speed.

1700 here I come.

XFR might be nice to play with.. but automatic dynamic overclocking??? hmmm. I will wait for actual reviews.

IF XFR gives more overclocking headroom, I may spring for a 1700X.

My i7-870 is slowly dying on me so I'm trying to hold out a few weeks to see if AMD delivers the goods. I really hope that they do.

That makes 2 of us. My FX6300 is too long in the teeth, but I wasn't going to upgrade to KBL before seeing Ryzen perform. Judging from recent leaks, seems like it was a wise decision - my next build being Ryzen is getting more likely by the day.

I threw a thousand bucks into AMD stock last summer with the idea of making money off of it to pay for a new build when Zen came out....hopefully it's fantastic so I can make even more on the stock and throw new Vega cards into the mix as well!

I hope this is a winner on the order of magnitude that the classic Athlon was. Intel really needs competition.

I threw a thousand bucks into AMD stock last summer with the idea of making money off of it to pay for a new build when Zen came out....hopefully it's fantastic so I can make even more on the stock and throw new Vega cards into the mix as well!

If you threw a couple grand at AMD last summer, you're balls deep in a corvette right now.

If you threw a couple grand at AMD last summer, you're balls deep in a corvette right now.

Well, if you threw about $25k at it....I've a little more than double my initial investment at this point. Folks who got in last spring when it was below $2 a share are doing much better.

Well, if you threw about $25k at it....I've a little more than double my initial investment at this point. Folks who got in last spring when it was below $2 a share are doing much better.

Ahh. I didn't check history, I thought it was in the fall when it started to rise from its grave

No reverse hyperthreading? Not a good sign!
:p

So they even added automatic overclocking beyond the boost freq as long as you keep it chill enough. And an unlocked multi. Only the "59$" chipset will have the bus locked.
It looks really good on paper.
However - that much focus on making the thing work at the highest possible frequency kind of suggests they're stretching themselves as thin as possible to show they finally caught up.
Me likey.

Back in the day I actually thought we might get a reverse HT. Sweet summer child dgz

I bought back in 1999~2000.. how am I doing? ;p

Oh.. and I bought Nvidia at about the same time... had something to do with Ge Force IIRC.

Last edited:
And WHY did they let Jim Keller leave... again? Keep that f*cker on the payroll.

That makes 2 of us. My FX6300 is too long in the teeth, but I wasn't going to upgrade to KBL before seeing Ryzen perform. Judging from recent leaks, seems like it was a wise decision - my next build being Ryzen is getting more likely by the day.

I'm still running a Phenom II X6 1100T. I have been holding out quite a while myself. I have upgraded the GPU to a 970 but I could use a new build although this one still does what I want it to do.

Raises hand. Between 2.10 and 3.15... Oh yea, the gains are insane.

Man I loved my x64 3200 back in the day. PLEASE be a kick ass CPU that out performs Intel clock for clock PLEASE!! I'm on the cusp of a new build. And if you can out perform intel at clock for clock, while exceeding the 7700 I will be ALL OVER THIS. Even if cost is in parity or a bit more!

I'm going to continue not caring until there's a product to care about. I want AMD to succeed. Whether you're with Intel or AMD, we need them to succeed. I honestly wish that we had a third, competitive, player in the game. Who would be the winner? Consumers.

We will just have to see. Concrete proof, or GTFO. I'm Intel all the way now, but my Athlon 2500+ Barton was probably the best chip I've ever had. I'll ditch Intel in a heartbeat if AMD can convince me.

Oh, and my ex-wife works for Intel. God, I hate that bitch. : )

I'm still running a Phenom II X6 1100T. I have been holding out quite a while myself. I have upgraded the GPU to a 970 but I could use a new build although this one still does what I want it to do.

Um... I'm still using a Dell precision 490 w/ dual Xeon E5335 (and a 660Ti). I think I should get to cut in front of you two in line :notworthy:

Same here, my 1100T has held up better than i thought, got new life out of her when i picked up my 1060, but i have been waiting for this moment.... well seems like forever. I hope AMD delivers... man this has to be the one!..... Right?

I feel like I'm obligated to buy this processor...
It's an itch I'm definitely needing to scratch. My first computer was some Wal Mart HP with a K6-2 450, which I overclocked to a whopping 480MHZ. My first build used an Athlon XP 1800+, followed by a 3200+. I've been with Intel ever since. If this chip is in anyway competitive, I'm in.

Depending on how reviews pan out I may be building my first all AMD box in more than a decade this year instead of a Skylake-X box. I'll be all over a Ryzen 7 1700x and Vega 10.

It's an itch I'm definitely needing to scratch. My first computer was some Wal Mart HP with a K6-2 450, which I overclocked to a whopping 480MHZ. My first build used an Athlon XP 1800+, followed by a 3200+. I've been with Intel ever since. If this chip is in anyway competitive, I'm in.
Well my post was a joke about my username, but I used to run AMD processors a ton too. I had a K6-2, multiple overclocked Durons and Thunderbirds, eventually a mobile Barton, then an Athlon64 dual core. I ran that all the way up until the release of the LGA1366 i7s and I've been using those since then.

Up until last summer my main rig was still a Phenom II 955 @ 4ghz. I got a Skylake 6600k... and honestly I can tell a little difference but it's not night and day or anything. Pretty sure the 1070 upgrade alone would have held me over.

I still have the Phenom system... it was one of my DVD/BR ripping boxes until I got done with that project. Now it collects dust. I'll probably take the system to work and sell it for $100. Or not, who knows

Back