Another blow to Sony's rootkit

add that to ther list of lawsuits from california, texas, and a couple antispyware companies and you got one screwed Sony/BMG corp. Serves them right now, that program is bad news. I read they are looking for $100,000 fine per infected instance.

And people will still be in line 3 days in advance to buy the ps3. People are still buying music from sony.

This world doesn't understand the "Cause" and "Effect" concept very well.

XOR != OR said:
And people will still be in line 3 days in advance to buy the ps3. People are still buying music from sony.
Not like they did. You have to offer decent music to soar to SONY's aspirations.

XOR != OR said:
This world doesn't understand the "Cause" and "Effect" concept very well.
But, they are catching on. Sharks smell blood, and that's one thing that won't change. SONY is bleeding, too.

Yeah, sony has more brand loyalty built up than about anyone in the industry...Not even just playstation people, I know a lot of people that simply won't buy consumer electronics if they don't have the sony badge. Silly really. I wouldn't buy cd's from Jesus Christ himself if he were installing malware without telling me, yano?

Well the thing is that this rootkit has cost them more money then if they just left it alone. I wish it would smack them down some, but it will prolly be light as they will bargen there way out of it...

I hope Sony gets a whipping from this rootkit scenario. I want them to be made an example of to the rest of the record industry, helping them realize that copy protection really just isn't worth it.

There is another form of copy protection on some Sony / BMG cds made by suncom (sp?) I really wish someone would take a look at this copy protection method, to see if it is more of the same.

In the last 10 years Sony has become nothing but a company that sells generic hardware at a premium price. Their TV's, receivers, digital cameras, camcorders, etc aren't very impressive, yet carry loyalty due to the namebrand. My father-in-law is a Sony drone.

The company tries to force the market to switch to their shitty expensive proprietary media (say NO to blueray for the love of God!) and people just say "yes master".

People need to vote Sony out with their wallets. Look at the PS2 and PSP fans. They had to endure a ridiculous failure rate with that hardware. It's cheaply made and over-priced. Look at the IBM class action lawsuit for the deathstar drives. It's amazing Sony dodged a lawsuit (or did they?).

S1nF1xx said:
Look at the IBM class action lawsuit for the deathstar drives. It's amazing Sony dodged a lawsuit (or did they?).

Hitachi not Sony aquired the IBM HDD buisness

they are direct competitors sort of like Godzilla and Rodan :p

Rodan2.jpg

Yes, I know Hitatchi, not Sony, got the IBM HDD division, but that was two different statements I ran together.

It should have read something like this:
Look at the IBM class action lawsuit for the deathstar drives due to the huge failure rate of the drives

It's amazing Sony dodged a lawsuit with the huge failure rates of their PS2's and PSP's (or did they?).

But you were just looking for an excuse to post that pic weren't you? :p

Sony is still a top notch company in lots of areas. Their receivers used to be shit, now they are moderate in quality, but still not worth the price. Their speakers in the bargain segment were decent, they have no play there in the high end game. They do make the best CRTs in the market though, and their SXRD tech makes their HDTVs the best out there too. I wouldn't buy an optical drive for them if my life depended on it, but I will buy a PS3 as well, they are the kings of marketing, and that helps since 90% of decent exclusive titles are PS titles.

Back