Another 40" 4K IPS like: Inkel SUf40SK $850

vmsx

n00b
UPDATE: spec said 3840x2160 @ 30hz ;( HDMI only (wtf?)

Stumbled across this on Ebay, shipping from South Korea. $850.

It looks awfully a lot like the Phillips 40" one, but claims 178, not 176 viewing angle.

Virtually nothing on search engines about it. Hopefully we'll have several of these available in the rest of the world soon.

And if it's just 30Hz which sounds like HDMI 1.4 limitations, and there is no DP .. it has nothing to make it better then even cheaper 39" 1st gen UHD TVs. I somewhat expect that maybe it's real capabilities are better then listed specs, given it's release time .. or if not simply not worth to purchase crapware. Seiki's & Skyworth's 39" cost less & still have TV functionality not cut out.
P.S.
Stand for this monitor from pics in googled up ebay sale entry seems 1:1 to that for chinese brand Skyworth UHD TVs. Hmm, it even has remote control. I wonder if it's not some suboemkoreanrebrand of it.

4K at 30Hz (no DP) makes it no better than the Seiki, which is currently around a third(?) of the asking price of this.

Also, Inkel - wtf name is that!

I think the improvement in this panel over Seiki is that it's an MVA rather than a TN panel. MVA has better contrasts. Possibly colors too. Clearly different. However, response time and viewing angles aren't much better. There is a lot of variability here, but I've read it's an affordable way for manufacturers to produce for 40 inches. As for me, i like the 4096x2160p format (LG has one but at 31"), IPS, and 39-40," But I'm waiting till all three can be had under $450. I wouldn't say it's like the Seiki because this appears to have newer codecs and could be a reduced functionality of the Philips one. Btw, Seiki will have hdmi 2.0 and dP 1.3 in 2015 at 40" and probably MVA. I'm not too interested in that though unless it's specifically designated for an office environment. I don't know how well it looks on the eyes after 8 hrs a day. I use three monitors for work and a fourth one on one screen would be an improvement. Asus also had a 39" panel at CES and it looks like they were only making it as a prototype rather than as a soon to be released one, but hopefully we're getting there. Imagine a 5k panel 50" wide at . 50xxx2880. Probably wouldn't need a larger monitor ever for productivity.

Back