Anonymous Takes Aim at Google+

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Hell hath no fury like an Anonymous scorned…..or in this case, banned. We reported earlier that Google had booted members of the group Anonymous out of Google+, killed its account and even shut down its access to Gmail. Well, you can guess the rest. Anonymous has pledged to mount an ‘operation’ in retaliation for what they consider to be an injustice. Stay tuned for the fireworks.

Operations typically involve DDoS attacks against targets and theft of information that later gets posted online.

Suddenly It is once again great that I refuse to use social network sites. That said, I would be pretty surprised if they glean any real info off google.

Well I'm sure Google will be able to resist this unless they got SQL injection vulnerabilities somewhere. Again in the end, the customers loses since their info will get leaked, not Google's.

how come these guys just wont go away? their act is old and boring....

One would think that after the Amazon attempt that they would stick with things within their reach, like you know a third rate cults website.

Whatever, I'm cool with it. All I read is, Google will take a long hard look at their security to prevent this from happening. Kind of a good thing in a round about way.

This should be interesting, wonder if Google will be ready for them, and in turn provide all the information they obtain from the attempt, to the authorities?

This should be interesting, wonder if Google will be ready for them, and in turn provide all the information they obtain from the attempt, to the authorities?
The whole thing is already bizarre...begs the question of how Google knew which accounts were linked to anonymous.

I would love to see Google post up a news item...

Google's motto has been modified to, "Do no evil...except to any stupid Anon motherfuckers who mess with us."

Idiocy, when will these socially inept punks get that no one wants to play their stupid games.

Google pulled the tail of a tiger, unprovoked. Sure, it's just a cub and it's fed from a bottle, but unless Anonymous was staging attacks from their Google accounts, there was no reason for Google to have preemptively shuttered their account(s). I don't want to be bothered by these ankle biters, but Google just gave them an invitiation to hamper the performance of what I consider essential services.

Pick your fights, Google. A fight against agnst filled young adults cannot be won.

Google pulled the tail of a tiger, unprovoked. Sure, it's just a cub and it's fed from a bottle, but unless Anonymous was staging attacks from their Google accounts, there was no reason for Google to have preemptively shuttered their account(s). I don't want to be bothered by these ankle biters, but Google just gave them an invitiation to hamper the performance of what I consider essential services.

Pick your fights, Google. A fight against agnst filled young adults cannot be won.

Pretty much the truth, though given the china hacks in recent memory, I have doubts as to Anon's ability to do any real damage.

Excepting perhaps gmail, what service does google provide that is essential?

Deep underground in a dimly lit room, Larry Page gives the order, "Unleash the dark fiber..."

Hack the planet....oh wait....don't!
i likz teh interwebz

Anonymous, go back into being anonymous already. That requires being quiet
so please STFU already!

Excepting perhaps gmail, what service does google provide that is essential?
Has Google proper become so second nature that you've forgotten it's a service in and of itself :p

Some would consider the new video conferencing essential and google voice...both have been essential to my relationship over the summer while my gf is in Cambridge :|

We'll see about that. I think tossing the angst filled young adults into prison and banning them from touching a computer for 10 years would probably be considered "winning".

Anon broke the rules, they don't get a pass just because they're assholes.

We'll see about that. I think tossing the angst filled young adults into prison and banning them from touching a computer for 10 years would probably be considered "winning".

Anon broke the rules, they don't get a pass just because they're assholes.

If these guys failed to even scratch amazon I can't see what they would do to google. Google is smart by not assosiating with" internet terrorist group" and keep off their networks. Now they wont be hassled by intelligence groups to digg up info on them.

The article said they violated Google's ToS. What exactly they did wasn't mentioned.

"Operations typically involve weak sauce DDoS attacks against targets and theft of unprotected information that later gets posted online."

FIXED

I am pretty sure Google reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason
+1 Google
And I'll wager a +10 Google for resisting, or otherwise responding to Anon's "operations"

Sadly, Anon is not going to stop so long as media keeps giving them attention

Makes you wonder if Google could do the same thing to them? Think about it, Google has mountains of money, already existing infrastructure, a ton of manpower from the brightest individuals in the world... find every single point of connection these people have and just saturate it... nonstop phone calls, letters, mountains of spam, ddos their computers, just literally bombard them lol.

lol would be kind of funny if google DDoS'd the new anonymous social networking site wouldn't it?

Google would never have to DDOS a datacenter to shut it down.

They have enough cash. They just need to buy it and turn the power off.

I feel like going up against google is the wrong thing to do. If anyone can track their ass down, it would be them (like they already did with their gmail accounts).

I'm finding this really fascinating.

The people at Google is about as smart as you'll find in the tech world. It will be interesting to see if Anonymous can do any actual damage.

"Deep underground in a dimly lit room, Larry Page gives the order, "Unleash the dark fiber..." "

This is a hilarious statement because its true, fyi for those of you who dont know dark fiber is just a term for fiber optic cable that is not in use.......yet....

I'd love to see a Google doodle like 'Xxxxxx' that listed all members of Anonymous.

Kinda sad that Anon are turning into nothing but petty vandals. They HAD the opportunity to do some good, but instead choose to stand for nothing.

The article said they violated Google's ToS. What exactly they did wasn't mentioned.
Basically, they tried to be anonymous.

Google has openly said that they will delete any and all accounts that attempt to register under a pseudonym.

Your real information is far more valuable to marketers, which is what Google specializes in, than an anonymous alias.

I feel like going up against google is the wrong thing to do. If anyone can track their ass down, it would be them (like they already did with their gmail accounts).
If they registered with their gmail account, deleting the google profile deletes both their Google+, gmail, and any other Google linked services on that profile.

Google did not know they were deleting Anonymous, they were simply mass purging any accounts which were using aliases.

Anonymous was using an alias, so they were deleted, without warning, the same as everyone else. And yes, there are many customers that were pissed off that Google didn't just send them an email and give them a week to change their account at least, rather than just mass deletions.

If only we could do this to "Anonymous"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYw1hkbmNU"]‪Rambo IV Kill Scene‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Basically, they tried to be anonymous.

Google has openly said that they will delete any and all accounts that attempt to register under a pseudonym.

Your real information is far more valuable to marketers, which is what Google specializes in, than an anonymous alias.
this is actually what I returned to post so I agree wholeheartedly that this is what went down

This may get interesting. Wannabe hackers going against Google, which, in effect, are hackers. Hmmm.. I'll place my bet on Google coming out smelling like roses and possibly some people ending up not being heard from again (preferably)

Anon is barely going to register as a blip in Google's network traffic. Do you have any idea the number of *real* requests Google handles on a daily basis? Now you're throwing in some script kiddies running a ddos from what, a couple thousand machines? Maybe 10s of thousands? Drop in the bucket.

:rolleyes: That's not the reason at all but whatever.

So how large of a ddos attack do you need to hamper a site that probably has a gazillion hits a minute anyhow? :p

Back