Anonymous' Strike Against US Government Is A Dud

HardOCP News

[H] News
You'd think that, after as many times as they have failed at these attacks, they'd just go back to claiming credit for websites after they suffer an outage / service interruption.

Today is May 7, the day that Anonymous and various explicitly anti-USA and anti-Israel hacking groups promised to take down the websites of the Pentagon, White House, FBI, Bank of America, Chase bank, and all the other usual symbols of oppression. Except the attacks appear to be a complete failure. All the sites on the group’s #OpUSA target list seem to still be up and running. If these sites are under fire—via a flood of nonsense traffic known as a Distributed Denial of Service attack—they are absorbing it with no apparent interruption to their service.

I had to come into the office 2 hours early in preparation of the attack, but there weren't any fires to put out. Easy OT. Thanks anonymous, I guess?

maybe it was a distraction and they are going to hit something else? :confused:

Maybe they have a time machine and are doing this as it will cause something worse to happen in the future!

Or maybe they are all out doing strange tiny things to cause a butterfly effect? Quick everyone do something slightly different...wait don't!! :eek:

There was a decent sized centurylink outage yesterday morning, maintenance gone wrong. A small verizon outage also. Neither attributable to anonymous in reality but there was lots of speculation and hand wringing. Lots of banks calling ISP's worried. Hopefully anonymous will realize that taking down websites is only a mild annoyance and really old hat. Or not, let them believe this is pinnacle of effectiveness..

How much money was spent preparing for these attacks though? Terrorism isn't always about the initial tangible results.

How much money was spent preparing for these attacks though? Terrorism isn't always about the initial tangible results.

Terrorists use guns, bombs, and take hostages. They don't hide in basements using LOIC and DDoS'ing websites. As much as I hate them, at least Al Qaida has the guts to die for what they believe in. Anon are ineffective, pathetic cowards that accomplish nothing. They're not even worthy of contempt. They're irrelevant.

Terrorists use guns, bombs, and take hostages. They don't hide in basements using LOIC and DDoS'ing websites. As much as I hate them, at least Al Qaida has the guts to die for what they believe in. Anon are ineffective, pathetic cowards that accomplish nothing. They're not even worthy of contempt. They're irrelevant.

Are you insinuating Al Qaida are not cowards? Mass killing innocent unsuspecting people is the epitomy of cowardice.

And its oh so hard to add a single line to your iptables firewall to black hole inbound traffic.

Are you insinuating Al Qaida are not cowards? Mass killing innocent unsuspecting people is the epitomy of cowardice.

Not at all. I hate Al Qaida. They're butchers, and yes, killing innocent people is cowardice, whether in a suicide attack or not. I simply wanted to show how pathetic Anonymous is by comparing them to the lowest of the low and showing that they cannot even rate when compared to that.

Back