Anonymous Hackers Helping Authorities

HardOCP News

[H] News
At least four of the twenty one members of anonymous that were taken into custody last week are now helping authorities. Like we've said all along, once arrested, these guys will tell on everyone and anyone to save their butts from going to jail.

The report suggested that the men had been released due to their cooperation and willingness to help the Dutch Authorities in its investigation. Each of the four were said to have made full statements about their hacking exploits and interactions with both Anonymous and LulzSec. The department did not specify whether the four hackers would still face charges.

A smart police tactic in this case would be to release them with the statement that they all cooperated whether they did or not. It will ostracize them from their cohorts.

A smart police tactic in this case would be to release them with the statement that they all cooperated whether they did or not. It will ostracize them from their cohorts.

Yeah, it is a good strategy I think. I can't help but think that the core of the anon group are smart enough to remain untraceable though.

I am shocked :eek: No, wait I am not... This is why doing things as a group you have loose ties to is always a stupid idea.

Yep and a smart tatic for a a snitch is to get the word out that hey I did not say a THING they just released me to make YOU paranoid...... :)

This makes me sad.

Why? Don't criminals deserve jail time or something?
Or are you one of those that believe a pack of saboteurs, thieves, vandals, and extortionists are somehow "freedom fighters", or some other such nonsense?

That's ok... A smart criminal tactic in this case would be for everyone to of pre-rehearsed what they would say when they got caught since they knew eventually some of them would... and who they would point fingers at just for the lulz.

Yeah, it is a good strategy I think. I can't help but think that the core of the anon group are smart enough to remain untraceable though.

No they aren't. Half the time they just use scripts given to them by the real hackers, and other times they just mess around until something works. Most of the hacks that are being 'claimed' by Anonymous are generally incredibly simple hacks.

No they aren't. Half the time they just use scripts given to them by the real hackers, and other times they just mess around until something works. Most of the hacks that are being 'claimed' by Anonymous are generally incredibly simple hacks.

Eh, there are probably a few of them that are really smart.

For the most part I agree though, the things that have been exploited have mostly been due to horrid security, not incredible hackers.

Or are you one of those that believe a pack of saboteurs, thieves, vandals, and extortionists are somehow "freedom fighters", or some other such nonsense?

I'm of the belief that Anonymous had a chance to really be something worthwhile; that initially they had a direction that was a benefit to the world. That said, things went south pretty fast. I just think it's sad that they'd fold on the others so easily.

Typical keyboard commandos. Talk like they are Ares the god of war himself. Then the cops show up at their doors and they're in their moms basement crying like a baby.

Curious why everyone seems to think that these groups are nothing but script kiddies?

I am sure a larger portion of them are, that is even if most are any "real" part of these groups and not just people who associate them selves to the name.

There has to be some smart ones to get past systems and know what to look for and so on, i am sure after someone finds out what is weak and how to get in, it gets passed down to others to take advantage of.

If this is apparently so easy, would love to see you get access to a companies resources and get some database info.....

Sorry no edit, ignore that last part, wasnt directed at you, i agree with what you said.

I believe that "non-sense" when they attack Iran, Egypt's former ruling party, Muammar Gaddafi's regime, Westboro Baptist Church, Bank of America's fradulent business practices, etc.

:)

I don't agree with everything Anonymous does, but I cheer for them more often than I revile them.

Wait I don't understand, it sounds as though you're making Anon memers out to be less than honorable. Surely that isn't what you meant to say.

I'm of the belief that Anonymous had a chance to really be something worthwhile; that initially they had a direction that was a benefit to the world. That said, things went south pretty fast. I just think it's sad that they'd fold on the others so easily.

The group went to hell, when a section of Anon decided screwing with Sony was fun, and then screwing with the customer private data was fun as well, and then royally screwing up customers online gaming time was fun too...I appreciated their hijinks with the batshit crazy baptist church group (that are officially nothing to do with the Baptist church), and a few other groups, but screwing over parts of companies that directly relates to public use, isn't going to make the public see Anon as the Robin Hood group they think they are.

Now if they went after groups that intentionally screw with the public, and innocent people, like NUTSAC (only thing great about them is their logo), and the Taliban websites, instead of having to get MI6 to work at it and post muffin recipes; I would see them in a better light.

The four admitted to maybe using the Loic Cannon. How old were the four. To much info missing to make any judgements on the story, so I guess we can all still fantasize on what is going on.

I believe that "non-sense" when they attack Iran, Egypt's former ruling party, Muammar Gaddafi's regime, Westboro Baptist Church, Bank of America's fradulent business practices, etc.

:)

I don't agree with everything Anonymous does, but I cheer for them more often than I revile them.

So long as they continue to act like a shotgun in the hands of a moron, blasting here and there, on what appears to be little more than the whim of a some toddler on crack, I, and a great many others, will continue to view them as a nuisance at best, and cyber terrorists at worst. They are hacking, sploiting, DOSing, etc. because they can. The targets themselves seem almost irrelevant. At this point, their supposedly good deeds, seem like little more than accidents than anything else to me.

I just think it's sad that they'd fold on the others so easily.

What do you expect? They aren't heros or freedom fighters. They are nerds hiding behind a thin veil of anonymity which disintegrates all too easily.

Most of these people probably cried like babies when the feds came for them. Literally, they probably burst into tears as they were being hauled away.

What's funny is that they even know each other... you'd think witha name like anonymous, they'd keep their identity to themselves.

Hmm, stand up for a bunch of barely known miscreants, or save my own ass. No real leaps of logic there.

I would be amazed if anyone is surprised by this.

So it is true that people who see themselves as badass behind the internet curtain will do almost anything to save their buttery cornholes from the horrors of prison life. I guess they didn't like the fact that a side of anal rape is usually on the menu on a daily basis.

So it is true that people who see themselves as badass behind the internet curtain will do almost anything to save their buttery cornholes from the horrors of prison life. I guess they didn't like the fact that a side of anal rape is usually on the menu on a daily basis.
I was wondering when the young boy rape fetishists would show up. Can't have a discussion about law enforcement without an allusion to forcible sex with young boys...

I wouldn't be surprised if they all get caught. You catch a few of them and they rat out the others. That along with their computers gives the authorities lots of info.

they were probably threatened with terrorism charges, and thus, time at GITMO

i wonder if people here would stand up themselves to such threats in the same position :confused:

They should have brought in the biggest, nastiest man they could find, call him "Bubba" and tell all those "hackers" that they can: squeal to the cops or squeal for Bubba in a jail cell. :D

They should have brought in the biggest, nastiest man they could find, call him "Bubba" and tell all those "hackers" that they can: squeal to the cops or squeal for Bubba in a jail cell. :D

oh boy, more intelligent remarks by the most brilliant minds of our time...:rolleyes:

I certainly hope you don't approach voting the same way you approach posting well thought out comments on a board.

I was wondering when the young boy rape fetishists would show up. Can't have a discussion about law enforcement without an allusion to forcible sex with young boys...

Horrible as it is, prison rape is a fact of life in the non super max, high security prisons. Though, I would like to add for the record, the one that brought talk of young boy rape fetish into this conversation was you.

Horrible as it is, prison rape is a fact of life in the non super max, high security prisons. Though, I would like to add for the record, the one that brought talk of young boy rape fetish into this conversation was you.

Horrible as it is, prison rape is completely irrelevant to this entire discussion. Though, I would like to add for the record, the one that didn't bring talk of young boy rape fetish into this conversation was fattypants.

Does anything really think this will have any effect? it's not like anonymous or lulz sec or any other group is the only group, they are just 2 that some of the public know exist.

Damn myself for not double checking my auto corrections,

Should read does anybody think this will have any effect?

I always act alone. Ask the dead hooker in my trunk.

I'm fairly certain that the first person who brought up "buttery cornholes" and "anal rape" in reference to these young men was not me. :confused:

The threat of life in prison or even being charged with treason can weigh heavily on people. I believe without a doubt these guys rolled over on their own people. Very few people this day in age will take responsibility and cover for others.

Also, you bring up another problem that even if a few of them keep their mouths shut others will squeal so its rather pointless to try and be the tough upstanding group member. Thats the problem with so many people knowing what you are doing, theres always a rat.....

Whatever the reason, these guys will get caught. Everyone and everything is traceable on the internet, its just a matter of time before they get caught. Anyone who says they cant be traced need to have their head examined and think twice about what they do on the internet.

Back