Annoying InstallShield Error

Blueduck577

Weaksauce
I can't install FEAR Combat on my new PC. I have almost 80GB remaining on my WD Raptor 150GB drive (NTFS, of course), but every time I try to install, I get past the point where I select the folder, and Installshield tells me,
"Not enough free space on this drive, please select different options/free up some space, etc"

I am running Vista x64 which this game should work on. And I have tried with UAC on or off, and running as administrator. And I have even tried installing FEAR Combat on my storage drive that as 450GB free. Nothing will get past this Installshield bug.

Any suggestions?

This is ridiculous. I even added in ANOTHER 500GB drive to check, and it still wouldn't install, even on that drive. And I changed, in enviromental variables section, to put the temp file on other HDs. Still not working.

I read your post and got curious. FEAR is installing fine on my Vista x64 system.

The installshield help pages have some suggestions. A couple that I noticed had to do with the amount of space on your current OS partition (it doesn't matter if you have a lot of space on another partition, temp files are stored where TEMP points), if the TEMP environment variable is set and whether the temp folder or files were read-only.

Installshield is just a tragedy in general. If it becomes corrupted you need to jump through several hoops to clean it up, and even then it might not work.

There is only one partition and it is 150GB total, has about 80GB left. I've tried storing TEMP files on other HD's to no avail. Is there some sort of InstallShield forum somewhere?

This may or may not help: there is a similar error thrown when trying to install Adobe Reader v8. If you google it, you will get several hits. I tried one of the fixes (which I forget, there have been so many of them with this horrible OS), but it did allow the installation.

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot find anything relevant on google...perhaps, can you point me in the right direction?

Although you've already tried running as admin, I'd still change the permissions of the target folder to make it writable by Users, and see if that does it.

UAC/Vista is an odd duck.

Back