Annoying Facebook Archetypes Listed

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
CNN ran a funny little article that listed the twelve most annoying types of Facebookers. Check it out and see which one(s) you might be, if you’re not anti-FB that is. Thanks to [H] forum member “SudburyOntario” for the link.

Combine dull status updates with shameless self-promoters, "friend-padders" and that friend of a friend who sends you quizzes every day, and Facebook becomes a daily reminder of why some people can get on your nerves.

They forgot #1: the "let-me-post-random-song-lyrics-for-you" retard.

I laughed the whole way through this article, only because I could think of someone for each and every single one of them. Good thing I didn't apply to any of them though :p

That goes along with this rule: The "I'm posting something in my status update to try to perceive that I am deep and intellectual, yet I am really just a moron".

Lol, I do the quizzes all the time but I never send invites to anyone else to take them.

There's a douche that was on my Facebook for a while who was always posting "Hey, ease your mind. Head over to my MySpace page and listen to my music." It's cool that he was writing music, but to post that 1-2 times a day for a couple weeks straight... yeah we're no longer friends.

Yeah, they pretty much covered everything there is to do on Facebook. A little late to complain now.

Hey, wanna see pictures of my cat?

its all your choice if you want to be on facebook or not. you can turn off lots of the "spam" that others deal out, and actually use it for family stuff. i found family that i havnt seen in over 10 years, and i also use it to keep in touch with close friends. The other stuff is only annoying if you let it be.

lol So true. The entire list is spot on, I think I've got at 'least one friend that fits one (or multiple) types, and I don't even have that many friends on FB... Pretty sure it's under 50.

I guess I could peg myself as the lazy lurker type... Kinda forced into it since some of my friends just call/e-mail/IM less ever since they started using FB, they just expect you to monitor FB and catch everything they put out there, even in the case of life-altering news (like announcing a wedding engagement, god).

its all your choice if you want to be on facebook or not. you can turn off lots of the "spam" that others deal out, and actually use it for family stuff. i found family that i havnt seen in over 10 years, and i also use it to keep in touch with close friends. The other stuff is only annoying if you let it be.

This is true, but it seems like way more work than it should be... Maybe I'm just lazy though. I've actually defriended one or two old high school friends because even after I set FB to deliver me less updates from them, they posted so much crap their content tended to drawn out the bits from the people I'm actually closest to.

That seems counter-intuitive... I guess using friend lists and other stuff I could get around that but yea, way too much work. I'll stick to texting and IM. :p

I'm just the random friend adder.. :D

I do have a life, one that is intensly busy, but I have to contribute my fair share of nag :p

I guess I could peg myself as the lazy lurker type... Kinda forced into it since some of my friends just call/e-mail/IM less ever since they started using FB, they just expect you to monitor FB and catch everything they put out there, even in the case of life-altering news (like announcing a wedding engagement, god).

Yep ive experienced this allong with a few friends, me and my best mate both missed our friends wedding cause she sent the dates out over facebook.... i personnally have missed atleast 2 planned nights out as well cause everyone who uses facebook seems to think everyone in this world can check status updates every day and have nothing else better to do.

just want to add(cant find edit) my flatmate also missed his best friends baby announcement and wedding because they were announced on facebook and nowhere else... so its not a uncommen thing.

as far as im concerned if you want me to do something pick up the phone!

lol So true. The entire list is spot on, I think I've got at 'least one friend that fits one (or multiple) types, and I don't even have that many friends on FB... Pretty sure it's under 50.

This is true, but it seems like way more work than it should be... Maybe I'm just lazy though. I've actually defriended one or two old high school friends because even after I set FB to deliver me less updates from them, they posted so much crap their content tended to drawn out the bits from the people I'm actually closest to.

That seems counter-intuitive... I guess using friend lists and other stuff I could get around that but yea, way too much work. I'll stick to texting and IM. :p

i just about always 100% hide people that do all those "join the cause" crap

Back