Annoying Chrome issue...pages turn white when loading

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had an issue with Chrome whereby when loading a page (in a tab) everything goes white? The computer/OS fine and hasn't crashed but ALL Chrome windows/tabs turn white (content area specifically). Chrome hasn't crashed either...re-sizing the window restores the content.

I've been doing some Googling but it seems a lot of the reports are relating to Mac users and I'm running in Windows. There was also a suggestion that this was due to a Flash problem. The proposed solution was to install the Adobe version of Flash and using that rather the Chrome integrated Pepperflash Player which i have tried.

Now Flash content is maintained when the issue occurs but the rest of the page(s) still turn white.

If anyone has experienced this issue and knows of a fix it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Try to disable all your extensions and some plugins, if the issue stops, start enable them back one by one.

To manage plugins browse to "chrome://plugins".

Good luck!

There's a lot of things to try in about:flags I bet one of them will be the culprit.

I'll take a look.

I seem to have reduced, though not eliminated, the problem by disabling the hardware acceleration option in Chrome settings.

However, it does still happen.

Back