[ANN][LTC][POOL][PPLNS][STRATUM]Invasion Mining Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afterburner --> Settings --> General --> "Synchronize settings for similar graphics"
Make sure it's checked.

This is the problem. You can see 2 of the cards are stuck at 500/150 and a lower voltage, basically power saving mode even when their usage is 100% (GPU-Z says same info)

I cant use any program to change theirs clocks, Afterburner, Trixx, CCC, CGMiner, etc. I tried:

Afterburner --> Settings --> General --> "Synchronize settings for similar graphics"
Make sure it's checked.

No luck, arrg.

Also, you will notice something wierd, on the top, GPU2 is the one running at full speed, at the bottom its GPU0. Something is up with the mappings in CGMiner, GPU-Z is fine.

bg3fIOL.png

LW1CdVg.jpg

Last edited:
how do you configure for multiple GPUs?

I can't get mine to all run at full potential.. once I loaded up more than 1 GPU, afterburner showed low clocks for everything and wouldn't let me modify the core/memory.

Use the cgminer.conf file.

"gpu-engine" : "1020,1020",
"gpu-memclock" : "1350,1350",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,20",
"auto-fan": true,

modify the lines for your gpus.

thanks for the help to all that answered. 4 GPUs going currently at about 2.3 MHash

Tired and hot.. going to set up the next miner tomorrow.

Well, that's about $5 you didn't have before. It's certainly worthwhile to me. in 20 days time though, the reward will be almost half.

So unless the value keeps going up, it becomes less profitable in the summer.

Ok.. so the cooler on the powercolor cards suck. I'm glad I only got 2 of them.. at least they were cheap enough I can resell them if I need to.

The HIS cards aren't too bad. They are staying about 70C.. no risers yet. Risers are taking forever to come in.

I think I may switch to linux though.. Still trying to decide... 2 rigs up but until I get my risers I don't know if I'm going to put the third together.

I'm making about $5 a day with payed off equipment, works for me. Thought about buying more equipment, but with the difficulty increase coming up it will really spread out the cost over a longer period of time. On the fence, will see.

I've switched over to BTC mining until LTC becomes more profitable...a coin every 4 days isn't too bad...im also mining at a reported 5.8GH with BTC....a bit quicker than LTC mining.

Bosom, where'd you order your risers from?

I ordered some from 9mart, some from a couple of different ebay sellers and some from amazon. I think even the amazon ones are coming from China :(

I ordered some from 9mart, some from a couple of different ebay sellers and some from amazon. I think even the amazon ones are coming from China :(

I see...next time (if that time ever comes) you should give cablesaurus.com a try. They have some supply issues right now but they should be fixed up by the time you may ever need them again. They accept LTC/BTC so it helps support the crypto-economy.

I'm having some connection issues with certain workers.... anyone else? I rebooted one machine and now those 3 workers won't reconnect...

yeah... even the ones I had that were still working werent' getting any new work.

Last edited:
Guys,

just a heads up. Im going to try adjusting share diff from 16 to 32 to see if that clears up any of these little hiccups we keep having. It might make your hash rate show up a little funky until it gets filtered through but don't worry, everything is still workin OK.

So.. I don't know if it's because I can keep my cards so much cooler at night or what... but the stale rate has been almost 0 for me since you made the work size change....

0.3% across 6 cards..

Last edited:
Just signed up. Been looking for a new pool. Hoping to bring up another 900-1000Kh/s within the next week or two. Will test for a few days and see how it goes. :)

5 blocks in ~2.5 hours. nice lucky streak!

Last edited:
5 blocks in ~2.5 hours. nice lucky streak!

Definitely makes up for the slow days when the pool only finds a couple blocks during the course of a whole day.

Hopefully I will have my first test mining rig up and running sometime this weekend. My two rebadged 5870 will be here sometime this week. Paired with a HD 5850 I should finally get over the 1000 kh/s mark.

I have 2 of the powercolor cards... the cooler sucks. I have to dial them back or they get up to 100C at the same settings my HIS cards are sitting at about 72C.

Hmm, so I might be having an issue. CGMiner is showing I'm averaging ~325Kh/s but the website is showing I'm running ~204Kh/s. Is that normal? Am I missing something? Or maybe just because I just started?

I have 2 of the powercolor cards... the cooler sucks. I have to dial them back or they get up to 100C at the same settings my HIS cards are sitting at about 72C.

do you run those in a case or open? im just going to have them out in the open with risers and some big fans :D

Hmm, so I might be having an issue. CGMiner is showing I'm averaging ~325Kh/s but the website is showing I'm running ~204Kh/s. Is that normal? Am I missing something? Or maybe just because I just started?

it takes a bit for the site to get up to what your cgminer shows. it also bounces around depending on how fast shares come in, sometimes higher sometimes lower

(1) As mentioned above, the website averages your hash rate over a 10 minute window. So when you first turn a rig on, it takes 10 minutes to see your max hash rate on the site.

(2) You might be getting hardware errors (HW) or stales or rejects (R). What does cgminer say your A/R/HW is per card?

What's all this powercolor talk?? you get them super cheap or something? we talkin' powercolor 7950's?

What's all this powercolor talk?? you get them super cheap or something? we talkin' powercolor 7950's?

yeah newegg had the AX7950s in stock for 299 - %10 - MIR - Sell game code so I bought 3 and am building a new mining rig :D

not going to be in a case and using risers and some fans so I hope they don't melt.

do you run those in a case or open? im just going to have them out in the open with risers and some big fans :D

Open. I have 2 rigs running right now.. I only have 2 risers and the powercolor 7950s are on them... I can run the HIS 7950s on the board without risers and even the one that is sandwiched is only hitting about 87C in my garage (with a box fan blowing on high directly at them) The powercolor cards, even on risers, keep bumping up near the throttle point.. 97-98C..... too hot. The cooler isn't very good.

Further stats:
950mV core: 1050 mem:1400 fan: 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back