:angst: my new XP cd is scratched (pics 56k=OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damnit this sucks, the OEM xp i ordered was scratched in the mail.

XP Pro full edition
scratch2.jpg

big ass deep scratch
scratch1.jpg

here you can see where it was scratched THROUGH the paper. damnit this sucks.
Mod Edit - Image removed - B.B.S.

id take the pic of that product key down.. you can always get a new cd from microsoft, but you cant get a new key if osmeone else is using it...

and im sorry man, that blows

Return it to the place you purchased. You do realize that CD-Key is really what matters and now you have shared that with all of us.

Damn dude you need to get rid of that pic with the cd key. You are basically giving people xp for free.

Also I say return the cd to the place you bought it from.

Sux about the cd....REALLY sux about the cd key..im sure some lil dork is installing xp on your dime right now :(

Why is that xp key still up? Take it down NOW before someone totally screws you over.

Right click, save as.

just jokin, lol i didnt, but you should take that pic down ;x

My guess is that IsoBuster could pull a clean image off that CD for ya. Save you the effort of having to ..... oh never mind you probably don't have IsoBuster. Take the CD back to where you bought it. :)

haha, pretty funny skuzzle.. but really guys.. thikn about it, since when has microsoft shipped windows with a key on a yellow sicker on the cd thing? it has that reflective sticker for the case now..

i fell for it too.. oh well

SkuzzleButt said:
This thread was sortof a joke, that key wasnt real, it was for a REALLY old microsoft product. The scratch is chopped onto the CD also.

I found the people on the [H] are much nicer than say, Genmay (click for the joke thread there)
Yaa, right. That's the ticket. It was a joke. Everyone including myself was fooled into thinking that the picture wasn't of a XP key.

lithium726 said:
haha, pretty funny skuzzle.. but really guys.. thikn about it, since when has microsoft shipped windows with a key on a yellow sicker on the cd thing? it has that reflective sticker for the case now..

i fell for it too.. oh well

Actually, if you bought a copy through a school's academic license, it does come on a yellow sticker (the license key).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back