cageymaru

Fully [H]
Angry Birds FPS: First Person Slingshot is a new game for the Magic Leap One Creator's Edition AR headset that was developed in partnership with the AR/VR studio Resolution Games and Rovio Entertainment. Head-tracking and the ability to use the Magic Leap One's controller as a bow adds immersion to the game. The characters in the game fall off surfaces in the user's home and interact with them if they get close. Explosives are hidden on the backside of the structures in the game to encourage movement around the play area.

The Magic Leap headset went on sale in August in a half-dozen U.S. cities for $2,295 a pop. Magic Leap hasn't announced how many of the units have sold, but has said they're deliberately targeting what they call "creators," be they game makers, artists, designers, programmers, or alt-reality aficionados. The decision to release a major "Angry Bird" game on such a limited-release, expensive piece of hardware seems to fly in the face of the game's origin, which saw the game hit 4 billion downloads since its 2009 release thanks in part to how easy it was to get.

Hmmm...spend $2.3k for a VR headset and wait and wait to finally play Angry Birds with it... Seems logical. For Magic Leap's company project policy - led by CEO's 8 year old kid.

I've tried VR and I'm still not bought on the idea. I think it's going to take a lot more than angry birds to change my mind.

That actually looks really fun. But alas, out of my price range :(

Look. 2300 bones to play Angry Birds is obviously not the point here. Augmented reality gaming looks like it could be fun as hell. Besides the minute one of these headsets allows you to turn your living room into a club full of hot girls to dance and play grab ass with----All you thirsty fuckers are buying one. :D

just save one for me

Although the early reviews of of the magic leap aren't encouraging this is a cool app.

Anybody actually get to try one of these? How does the fov and tracking compare?

You can do the same with Angry Birds plush toys and Jenga blocks, for less than 20 bucks, and doing it in real life.

A water balloon slingshot and a box of weighted plush toys, and a high strung dog is WAY more entertaining than angry birds anyday.

I've got the real oddity; my #2 Cat plays catch. :) The other cat thinks he's nuts.

You can do the same with Angry Birds plush toys and Jenga blocks, for less than 20 bucks, and doing it in real life.

Haha that's true, but this does look fun and would require about 10,000% less setup time. Still, not going to purchase a VR rig for it.

I've seen the goggles and thought they looked kinda cool... but I dunno, in this context it looked really bad... is her head maybe very small or something? looks like she's a delusional patient in a hospital hooked up to some sorta eye training/torture device

and I don't think most VR headsets look all that geeky... this just really stood out as "ahhh... I see why people think it looks nerdy now"

as for the actual gameplay, it doesn't look bad and probably a fun thing to get started in AR... especially if you can craft your own courses for the community to share and try to beat... not a system seller at all, but if were free or part of a bundle it might be cool for some of us

Back