Android Users - What is your launcher of choice?

What is your launcher of choice?

• MotoBlur/UI (stock launcher on Motorola phones)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
Curious to see what launchers people prefer for their Android phones. Considering spending $4 for Apex or Nova to get some better organization than stock

poll incoming

I use Nova (paid) and love it on my E4GT.

But why would I use Nova when Sense 5 on my HTC One runs so frigging smooth and efficiently?

I voted for Sense 5, also because I'm afraid that other launchers will kill my battery... If I were still on E4GT, Nova...

P.S. I also have ADW (paid), LauncherPro (paid - think this is dead now), Apex (paid), and had used GoLauncher.

P.P.S. Where is Facebook Home?!? LOL

I bounce between ADW Ex and Nova Prime. Used Buzz Launcher in the past and that was kind of nice. ADW was my favorite for a long time and used it up until recently when I switched to Nova Prime. Nova has a few features that ADW just doesn't have that I like for my homescreen setups.

Nova Prime for the past year at least. Before that I used Apex for a while, then before that I used LauncherPro until I got my Gnex (which LP was never updated to support ICS or above).

Nova seems a tad more responsive/fluid than Apex to me (though last time I used it was over a year ago, I'm sure its been updated several times since and is probably better now), otherwise they're virtually identical in terms of features from the last time I used it. But the gestures are a requirement for me and what I love most about Nova, specifically swipe down for notification page and swipe up for settings. This helps a lot on the larger phones (like my Note 2) so I don't have to reach so hard for the notification shade. I also love scrolling support in folders so you're not restricted to how many apps you can have in a folder. I pretty much have all 160+ apps on my phone organized into 10 different folders (2 rows in my 6x5 grid config) on one home screen and the rest of the screens are widgets.

Shit, been using ADW for ever and love it, I'll have to give Nova a try now.

I use Apex and like it a lot. Nova is great as well, but I stopped using it because it was cutting out the bottom of one of my frequently used widgets.

Having a choice of launchers is what makes me think I'll always use Android. I know phones have an increasingly number of features and gimmicks. But a customizable launcher is the type of thing that really improves your daily phone use.

I use to use GoLauncher but then it got too bloated, then Holo Launcher.

Now I just use the one that comes with CM10.1, it works great.

I dont have much experience with launchers, but Ive been using Buzz Launcher for thr last week, and I like it. Its nice being able to see other people's homescreens and hitting a button to make it yours.

My preference is stock Android, or customized launchers based on stock. From top to bottom, these launchers increase in functionality, but decrease in response/speed.

Holo
HoloHD
Nova
Apex

(Nova and Apex tend to alternate as they are direct competitors). Typically, if on a non-stock device, I'll use one of those, leaning towards Holo. But since the 4.1.2 update on my SGS2, I've been using TW with no complaints. I still prefer stock, but not by so much that I want two launchers on the device. Nature UX 1.0 is close enough to stock that I'm ok with it.

Can't really decide between HoloHD and Apex. The only thing I can tell that I like with Apex over Holo is more finger gestures and really only swipe up/down shortcuts. Hard pressed to notice performance differences on a Nexus 4 between the two but I like the Holo name better :p

I mainly want 5x5 grids as opposed to 4x4 with stock. Gestures, search bar removal, drawn transparency, dock divider removal, landscape rotate and widget shortcut are the only other things I think I'm interested in over stock.

Separate homescreen wallpapers might be another haven't tried this out yet though to see how it looks in practice.

After a wek of using buzz launcher, I still like it, but it has hrrn causing my hpone to force reboot every noe andnthen, ususlly when uaing google talk, so I cant fully recommend it.

Been trying out Nova Prime as a result of this poll. Won't go back to stock android now. Nova plus a few themes and widgets and I have a personalized phone that I like much more than sense on the old phone.

Nova Launcher (Prime) by far! I have used the majority of all the launchers and none come close to the amount of features and stability.

I havent tried many but out of motoblur, touchwiz, sense, ADW, I like stock android the best. Simplest and most stable for me.

Using the launcher that comes with the ROM ChameleonOS right now on my SIII. Prior to that I was using Nova Prime.

I love the stock launcher with my Xperia Z - minimal and the included widgets are not over the top

Nova Prime (bought on sale for 99c, best purchase on the Play store).

My 2nd fav has to be the MIUI launcher.

Back