Android Users 15 Times More Likely to Judge iPhone Owners Negatively

People are judgmental and superficial anyway but a dating situation tends to amplify that stuff. Dating (especially first dates) is basically trying to hide your faults as best you can and harshly judging (and exaggerating) the other person's faults. Even though a date should be about getting to know the other person factors like stereotyping, outgroup homogeneity bias, social status, etc are pretty strong.

The only time I care what phone someone has is when they want me to help them figure out how to do something, because far too often on iOS/iPhones the answer is just "Nope, you can't", and nerdy technical problems without solutions annoy me. :)

Judgemental about an old phone, not shallow there.

Better drive the pickup to the first date, not the red 911. ;)

Yup.

I've been off the market for some time, but me feeling is, any girl who is going to be won over by the things I own, the car I drive or the clothes I wear is not worthy of your time.

I mean, if you are just in it for some quick action, I guess it doesn't matter, but that was never my style.

Personally I don't judge people who use Apple products. I just consider them not yet informed. My fiance was a long time Apple user. I suggested she try the Pixel on Googles Fi network about a year ago, and she signed up and is very happy with her phone, and is now proselytizing others.

I guess the fact that she has more power to customize things AND she has a fraction of the phone bill appeals to her as well!

I was a long time (7+ years) Android user who switched an iPhone last July. It was startling to me how many people felt the need to tell me I was wrong for getting an iPhone. You don't have to look to far on this forum, or in this thread, to see the iPhone hate.

So why did I switch? It wasn't due to Android, but the manufactures. I had a Motorola Atrix and Atrix 2. Great phones, but updates were few and far between. Once they stopped, I moved on to an LG G2. Loved that phone up until the day it just turned off, never to turn back on again. Replacement batteries and repair centers couldn't get it working. So I upgraded to an LG G4 and quickly fell into boot-loop hell. I tried a Samsung S5 but couldn't get past the touchwiz.

It really doesn't come down to Android vs Apple, it is Apple vs dozens of manufactures. Cost was never an issue as none of the phone I purchased were ever cheap. Across the board, they all cost about the same.

I'm happy to leave behind the bloatware on all of the Android phones. It's comforting to know that Apple will continue to support and provide updates for my phone. It is beyond frustrating that my Android phones would never get updates. While it is upsetting that my wife's iPhone 6 is slowing down due to the battery, it is a nearly 4 year old phone that is still supported and works. I never had an Android phone receive updates for half that long.

The iPhone isn't perfect. Why can't I arrange the icons like I want? Why doesn't it have the awesome "knock on" functionality like LG? Why doesn't it use a standard USB charging port, and why do I have to fight with iTunes to transfer media. Why does it change settings and turn on every feature using mobile data? Why can't I use a swype keyboard?!?

In summery, the phone I use means jack shit to me. Either phone is a compromise to me and I picked something different this time around.

I've been off the market for some time, but me feeling is, any girl who is going to be won over by the things I own, the car I drive or the clothes I wear is not worthy of your time.

If you are looking for a long term relationship, you really need to keep this in mind.
This type of person will quickly leave you when someone comes along and flashes something newer/shinier. You'll go broke trying to keep ahead of everyone.

What the hell? Where do I find these girls?

My girlfriend never seems to give a shit when I get a new gadget. :(

Judgemental about an old phone, not shallow there.

Better drive the pickup to the first date, not the red 911. ;)

Funny you should mention, I'll comment at risk of drifting off topic.

A work mate of my wife's at the barbershop used to always drive beaters, older used cars and trucks, nothing special at all. But he always was scoring with girls in Mexico where he immigrated from. Always had stories, and pics.

So a couple of months ago he decided to reward himself with a brand new Toyota, bought a new CH-R, shiny white. Then he starts complaining, no new girls, not even any of the old girls.

He and I are talking and he is reiterating this sad tail, no girls.... and then I had a thought, I asked another girl there at work, she's also Korean like my wife. I asked her which man has more money, the man with the new car or the man with the used car, she didn't blink and eye "the used car man".

:D

It just means that I care about security. iPhones get guaranteed software updates for a minimum of four years and you get the update the same day everyone else across the world gets the update. Meanwhile in the Android camp you barely get any from your OEM of choice be it Samsung, HTC, or LG and even when they do the updates have to be vetted by your carrier of choice and that can take forever and a God damned day to make it to your device. The Android update system is akin to having to beg Dell, HP, or Lenovo to give the update that Microsoft released six months ago and instead of getting the update they tell you that your computer is too old and that you need to buy a new one.
I'm genuinely curious, were you unaware that this problem doesn't exist for Google's Nexus/Pixel devices?

Hah. I've got all you cuks beat. I'm rocking a used Note 3 ($120)....WITHOUT A SIM CARD! That's right, I use an ATT go-phone for $100/yr and my note 3 is just a mini-tablet. I keep my Note on me for checking email and my gophone is in my backpack because fuck IM and texting. That was silly bullshit in highschool and even more so today.

Also don't have a car note, student loans and my house is paid off. But I applaud all the sheep who keep the economy rocking along by buying crap they don't "NEED" using money they don't have.

You go with that!

And yeah, STAY OFF MY LAWN.

Two weeks ago I was still on an S5.

Today I'm on an LG V20. Yes, you read that right. Twenty. Not thirty.

I'm on the LG V10; and not likely to change for as long as I can get away with it.
I just wish I was able to root this phone and unload the verizon trashware.

Apple users are the most arrogant ass holes on the face of the earth.
Its about time they get some back.

I noticed a lot of iphone x in people's hands driving shitty old cars and using wired headsets.

I'm genuinely curious, were you unaware that this problem doesn't exist for Google's Nexus/Pixel devices?
Yes, I did have a Nexus device at one time but after two years of rooting and ROMing I just got tired of it all and wanted something with far less need of maintenance. I've had an iPhone for four years now, first the iPhone 6 and now the iPhone 7 Plus (didn't upgrade to the 8, I'm waiting until next year). Best decision I've ever made. I use my phone and I don't have to worry about the overall maintenance of the device, it for the most part just plain works. I get my geek-fix with my desktop that's running Windows and will soon be building a new PC.

*looks at this thread*

*looks at thread right above this about Apple fucking up yet again*

I mean...yeah.

Hah. I've got all you cuks beat. I'm rocking a used Note 3 ($120)....WITHOUT A SIM CARD! That's right, I use an ATT go-phone for $100/yr and my note 3 is just a mini-tablet. I keep my Note on me for checking email and my gophone is in my backpack because fuck IM and texting. That was silly bullshit in highschool and even more so today.

Also don't have a car note, student loans and my house is paid off. But I applaud all the sheep who keep the economy rocking along by buying crap they don't "NEED" using money they don't have.

You go with that!

And yeah, STAY OFF MY LAWN.

Well this proves that a percentage of Android users are also assholes. So much for that idea.

To be fair, I'd make a judgement call too. Too many new gadgets = poor money skills. Not interested.

Sheeple are Sheeple. Lemmings or not, they boost the economy every other year so who cares.

100% guilty of this. I don't care what phone you have or how new or old, as long as its not an iphone.

Back